Any Predictions for Downingtown?

well i guess that puts Bucs on top of the ranking ladder till next week ?

Another chance to guess wrong? Sure, I'll take it.

So how badly did I do?

Downington

1. 85.44 Buccaneers -- actual: #1 86.90 (+1.46)

2. 82.45 Cadets2 -- actual: #2 82.65 (+0.20)

3. 79.30 Bushwackers -- actual: #4 78.75 (-0.55)

4. 74.65 White Sabers -- actual: #3 78.95 (+4.30)

5. 70.98 Skyliners -- actual #5 71.75 (+0.77)

6. 65.60 Excelsior -- actual #6 65.70 (-0.10)

Dallas:

1. 84.45 Atlanta CV -- actual #1 81.50 (-2.95)

2. 76.55 Carolina Gold -- actual #3 70.55 (-6.00)

3. 72.13 Alliance -- actual #2 70.90 (-1.23)

Tut, tut. Not so good: guessed fewer than half the scores within a point.

Nice job White Sabers, although I see they did even better at this show last year before dropping the next week. Here's hoping it doesn't happen this year.

Speaking of dropping, sorry to see Carolina Gold fall so far from their Fayetteville number.

Lots of good stuff tonight. Review up by Monday night sat the latest

sorry to have missed you last nite Jeff......had a great time with many old friends, associates and former students....it was good to get out.....finally.....looking forward to your take on Bucs......I would have had them slightly higher, but understand the spreads, for a first look I was impressed and to me at least they made huge strides to catch Cabs.....had a ball

Guido the Short

sorry to have missed you last nite Jeff......had a great time with many old friends, associates and former students....it was good to get out.....finally.....looking forward to your take on Bucs......I would have had them slightly higher, but understand the spreads, for a first look I was impressed and to me at least they made huge strides to catch Cabs.....had a ball

Guido the Short

I'm right there with you. I thought their score was a little low. You can tell the work they have done to clean up their ensemble issues. They did struggle with their opener, but cleaned it up considerably from previous weeks. I was thinking 87.7

• Like 1

I was not at Downington. But, the reports I have been getting this morning tell me the Buccaneers have made DRAMATIC, even uncanny, improvement since Grand Prix !

If true, the entire complexion of the season changes. Nothing bad in that. I figured Bucs would start slowly. They are said to have faced a huge turnover in membership. Maybe their additional practice time and building confidence is starting to show. For certain, Caballeros will knuckle down, and with Minnesota Brass anticipated to be solid, the season's end will be special.

Just got home from a long weekend.

Thanks for the blog posts, and all the commentary from the rest of you guys... nice to get a feel for what this show was like!!!

Guido the Short

review to come. Only guy i know to get a call on his cell phone telling me i was paged to the press box.

my reply: "uh, i'm 10 minutes away. don't hold up the show for me"

( they were trying to reach someone and hoped I had his cell number)

I was not at Downington. But, the reports I have been getting this morning tell me the Buccaneers have made DRAMATIC, even uncanny, improvement since Grand Prix !

If true, the entire complexion of the season changes. Nothing bad in that. I figured Bucs would start slowly. They are said to have faced a huge turnover in membership. Maybe their additional practice time and building confidence is starting to show. For certain, Caballeros will knuckle down, and with Minnesota Brass anticipated to be solid, the season's end will be special.

"DRAMATIC"? Didn't they only go up 2.5 points? Hardly dramatic