Nashville lineup

It very much is not, but OK.

Yes, it very much is. The best predictor of tomorrow's placement is tonight's. That is a truism.

Crown is and should be very encouraged with where we are at this point. :wow:

The most dangerous corps in the top five the next two weeks. Remember this post. The changes are being well received and our young people are razor focused and hungry. Whever the chips may land, they will max this show out.

Side note, Coats have every reason to be encouraged too.

• Like 1

Yes, it very much is. The best predictor of tomorrow's placement is tonight's. That is a truism.

Finals in not tomorrow.

Again, past success is not a guarantee of future success.

I agree Coats were dirty visually, will clean up, then easily take 2nd now. 1st is maybe in reach. I think everyone is kinda shaking their head on the gap between Coats and BD. But it's DCI, nobody seems to care anymore!

Please don't say everyone. I think the spread is correct. BD's show IMHO is more sophisticated and is performed at a higher level. I really like Coats show, but it does not take me on a journey like BD's does.

• Like 3

Considering what I saw on video tonight, WTF?

Also, looks like BK will be beating Cavies. They scored an 87 something.

Gotta see this tomorrow.

They had form issues they don't usually have tonight.

Great shows! I pretty much agree with the placements scores. The gap between 2/3 to 1 is closing, yet still substantial.

Weird seeing cavies and PR so low. They're shows were really good though.

Coats ending was kinda weird to me. What were those poses on the final note? Were they all supposed to be the same or all different? I couldn't tell. Can't wait to re-watch it.

As much as i've been putting off watching The Cadets this year, I'm really glad I watched it tonight. Definitely my favorite "narration centered" show of all time.

one judge swung the whole thing tonight - I'd advise everyone to not overreact -

... as the pot calls the kettle black ( lol!)

You should've just stopped at "the homer in me is coming out"

Never

unless BD soils the bed ala '95...it looks like a lock. but what do I know

I don't think they'll stay out of the top at all. They've pretty much got this DCI judging era figured out, especially now that the stuff they tried (and failed) to do in 2005 is now pretty much accepted.

They don't give their kids fast moving drill very often, and they pump up "demand" by utilizing incredibly exposed sections with minimal visual stress. The days are gone when it comes to relying on velocity and drive. Instead they just perfect more manageable sections of music. As a result the kids are never gassed at any point in the show. They have a stranglehold on talent and don't even have to worry about recruiting very much since their own success drives the most well-off kids to audition for them. Their colorguard has a history that builds recruitment, and their constant reliance on objects to add visual depth in a show is obviously working well with the judges. (despite only using white as a prop palate year after year). Their staff is rock solid and has minimal change year after year. They have a farm system of 2 more corps in the wings.

Couple this with the fact that no other corps is truly trying anything new to change the game, BD really should be winning every year. It's kind of insane to me that Cadets and Crown were able to take them out the past few years. Cavaliers owned the early 00's until corps caught up and did the "complete package" better than them. We had a glitch in the system with Phantom Regiment riding into 1st place exclusively on GE and Music talent, and now we're living in the "least stressful perfect show" age.

• Like 1

From my viewing, I'd say

BD - nobody is going to challenge them. It's a great show.

SCV has the most "this would be a lot cooler if it were cleaner" visual moments. So I suspect there's still some room to grow in their show. It's kind of shocking that Crown is in 5th, but that's really starting to look like the right placement. Aside from the brass, which probably still wins, the design still seems pretty muddled and it kind of loses the plot for the middle 50% of the show.

Bluecoats are also pretty messy visually, so some room to grow although already it's a pretty effective show. Musically it seems like the show of the year. OTOH Cadets seem quite clean and are only a bit ahead of Bluecoats, so won't be surprising if those two switch places. The ending of Cadets is pretty exciting, but at least some of that is nostalgia for 1987. The whole Roosevelt section really struggles to generate effect, and the switch from the well-delivered narration of Lincoln Portrait to the cheezy used-in-at-least-ten-thousand-other-band-shows presidential recordings is a big let down.

• Like 2

Well the Massillon show is about to sell out. Get your tix.