Nashville lineup

Thank you - I still am wondering if there is a committee or person that reviews judges scoring.

God.

Since the corps set the guidelines for the judges, doesn't that mean that a majority of them likes the kind of show that BD wins with?

"likes"? Well of course, that's a given.

I mean, I like the BD show. I can appreciate what they're presenting. I especially love their commitment to providing extremely slow tempo transitions and not relying on squat-fest for GE. I'm just pointing out that they've clearly figured out a system that works more consistently than anything anyone else is doing. And unfortunately no one else is willing to change the game in order to beat them. Plus, just because I like the BD show, it doesn't mean I like it the most. It doesn't even mean I like it the most out of any show in DCI history.

They haven't gotten a bronze medal since 2006. If you advertised the DCI tour as "Everyone tries to knock Blue Devils out of 1st or 2nd place for 3 months", it would be accurate. DCI isn't even a FFA competition anymore. It's just a bunch of corps beating each other up until the end of the season when everyone wonders "I wonder if someone will beat the Blue Devils?"

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 2

Funny how so many people cry foul over slotting and then as soon as one judge breaks the mold, people point fingers at the judge and call them incompetent. Make up your minds.

Funny how so many people cry foul over slotting and then as soon as one judge breaks the mold, people point fingers at the judge and call them incompetent. Make up your minds.

Exactly!!! Nothing wrong with judges calling it as they see it. They aren't machines.

Well, two of the obvious reasons for their success is BDB abd BDC - quit the farm system.

Everyone remember a week or two ago when Bluecoats were bringing up the rear of the pack...

It's amazing how many people who were jumping ship then and how many have come back aboard now.

• Like 1

I agree with most of Mr. kennedy's scores ... but I think he scored the Cavies way too low. I admit to being a Cavies fanboy though.

I honestly would like to see the Blue Devils to fall to 3rd or 4th in the future to see them come back the next season to set records...

But hey, that is just my view.

I honestly would like to see the Blue Devils to fall to 3rd or 4th in the future to see them come back the next season to set records...

But hey, that is just my view.

Every time they win, they set a new record - 15 going on.........

• Like 2

Every time they win, they set a new record - 15 going on.........

I mean with scores throughout the season and what not.