exactly 45 years ago today

>>

You know I'd never disagree with you as you're 1,000X smarter than I at this stuff, but when you say they "exploited" new sheets it makes it sound as if they got by on a technicality.

That was one solid drum corps, top to bottom. Smart enough to understand where the acitivity was going, yes, but they could have won that year if the sheets were being written with goose blood on stone tablets.

That was a great season for DCA in general, Reading & Sun specifically. Good times.

<<

You know ... your right ... exploited was the wrong word ... they analyzed the new sheets and played to them ... Reading in 68 had the total package ... they did not win any one caption, but played to the strengths of each in the aggregate ... I was astounded when Shelton beat them at the Dream ... especially for a three-some ... and those Nuns giving up the 1st place trophy ... OUCH ...

Anyway ... we must get together sometime with Ironlips ... maybe you could meet us at a PCP rehearsal ... that would be fun for all ...

:-)

Reading was very consistent that year and was a class act. They lost but two shows, Bridgeport early and The Dream in August. Both to Hurcs.

The closest Sun got to them was at Baltimore. Think the difference was 0.43 with our second place finish.

I remember after winning Mission Drums, we were looking forward to meeting them in Hershey. Well, we met them and they took us to the shed for better than 3 points.

They were good to say the least.

Funny thing I recall, they had a Screech also and when they got together, it was scary. They looked like twins.

Edited by gsksun4