River City Rhythm To Start Corps In Minnesota For 2015

Nice! And unlike Guardians or Louisiana Stars, they're close enough to Michigan City that they ought to have no major challenges appearing at championships their first year.

As hard as it is to believe...the Minneapolis/St. Paul area hasn't had a junior corps on the field since 1993, when Royal Guard was still around. (There have been about 10 junior parade corps since then, however.) Many junior age people from Minnesota have marched with pretty much every DCI finalist corps out there today, and, of course Minnesota Brass is an outstanding all-age corps. (All-age Govenaires and Chops Inc. have also represented Minnesota well over the years, both winning DCI "A" titles. It was the Twin Cities area that played a major part in returning the Blue Stars to world class status some years back.

It should be interesting to see this get off the ground.

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the River City Rhythm percussion line at Drumline Battle in Indy, and couldn't believe there was an independent drumline from my home state. I don't follow WGI, so wasn't aware they are already well established. And I just looked them up online today and found they are launching a complete drum and bugle corps. This is so exciting! I may need to get back involved in the activity! (ulterior motive: my son is a drummer, although still only 12. He has no interest in drum and bugle corps...yet)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...