Lots of agreement early on that this range would be an exciting one to watch as we go into finals.

These placement seem to have become consistent since just before San Antonio.

So, current placement a lock? percent chance of moving up? percent chance of moving down?

Of course if someone moves up, someone has to move down or tie (God forbid).

My thoughts:

Crossmen: 12th place

A LOCK

show and performance places them there solidly

Troopers: 13th place

A LOCK

not enough in the show construction to get them higher, too good to move down

Colts: 14th place

A LOCK

this could have been 12th with more talent and cleaner music book sooner

voice over not quite right, don't think they are willing to budge much there

Spirit: 15th place

40% LOCK

60% Chance to move down

show is poorly designed, but they have more talent than some below them and have the finalist experience

The Academy: 16th place

50% LOCK

50% Chance to move up

better show than SOA all around, some sections as talented, really need to clean

OC: 17th place

50% LOCK

50% Chance to move up

better show than Academy or SOA, lots to clean yet

Pacific Crest:
50% LOCK

50% Chance to move up

tidiest show in 15-18 range, gotta turn up the communication and lower individual mistakes

Lots of agreement early on that this range would be an exciting one to watch as we go into finals.

These placement seem to have become consistent since just before San Antonio.

So, current placement a lock? percent chance of moving up? percent chance of moving down?

Of course if someone moves up, someone has to move down or tie (God forbid).

My thoughts:

Crossmen: 12th place

A LOCK

show and performance places them there solidly

Troopers: 13th place

A LOCK

not enough in the show construction to get them higher, too good to move down

Colts: 14th place

A LOCK

this could have been 12th with more talent and cleaner music book sooner

voice over not quite right, don't think they are willing to budge much there

Spirit: 15th place

40% LOCK

60% Chance to move down

show is poorly designed, but they have more talent than some below them and have the finalist experience

The Academy: 16th place

50% LOCK

50% Chance to move up

better show than SOA all around, some sections as talented, really need to clean

OC: 17th place

50% LOCK

50% Chance to move up

better show than Academy or SOA, lots to clean yet

Pacific Crest:

50% LOCK

50% Chance to move up

tidiest show in 15-18 range, gotta turn up the communication and lower individual mistakes

We'll have to see the trend over this week but I think that if Madison continues to level off, Crossmen have a chance of overtaking them.

IMO the only "LOCK" in DCI right now is Devils to win.

...and I'm not sure I would even go that far at this point. Nobody is stuck where they are right now. There is enough time to boost the GE scores and clean up perfomance scores. Remember in 2012 Crossmen never beat the Blue Stars till Semifinals. They trailed them by 1-2 points all season. Troopers have been on Crossmen's heals all year.

Edited by jbeatty89

Considering Oregon Crusaders have only lost once to The Academy, I'd say it's better than 50/50 they make that turnaround. There was a significant GE anomaly at the last show. Maybe it will become a trend, but honestly, that slot likely killed them more than anything.

IMO the only "LOCK" in DCI right now is Devils to win.

Crossmen currently sitting in 12th have a slightly bigger spread over the 13th place Corps ( 1.825 pts) than do the Blue Devils in 1st over the 2nd place Corps, Cadets ( 1.500). So if BD is " a lock " for 1st, it seems that Crossmen would be for securing that coveted last Finalist spot.

I think DCI for 2014 here in July has pretty much found their winner... their 12 finalists... and their 3 placement Corps at the bottom of the Division.

Is it too early to start our 2015 placement prediction thread ? ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

I agree on 12th, 13th and 14th as all pretty locked in based largely on show design. Everyone will clean at this point.

Think that design depth and resulting GE (where the most points are carried) could result in more

movement with 15-18. PC, OC, and Academy have much stronger products that SOA, though as you stated, they do have the being in finals experience.

Still interesting to watch.

Interesting to watch. Some corps know how to kick in the overdrive towards the end, and some seem to choke in the last week. It's always interesting when a corps can light a fire for "the" show. For some its finals, but for others its prelims.

This is always the time of the year when I would ask the staff to write down ten things they would change about the season. My thoughts always say "man I wish we spent more time on basics in the first camps", and every winter it seemed like "we need to learn music, we can spend that much time with basics".

I think there is definite room for movement especially 15 - 18. As far as 12 - 14, it's going to be tough to catch Crossmen but I really think Colts have a better shot than Troopers. There is so much growth still happening in the Colts show and I know they have been spending the last two days making changes/additions (not just cleaning) so we will have to see what they have in store as the next two weeks unfolds!

• Like 2

I think there is definite room for movement especially 15 - 18. As far as 12 - 14, it's going to be tough to catch Crossmen but I really think Colts have a better shot than Troopers. There is so much growth still happening in the Colts show and I know they have been spending the last two days making changes/additions (not just cleaning) so we will have to see what they have in store as the next two weeks unfolds!

They need to clean , Solidify and edit ( Narration ) .Not change . The more you change at this point the dirtier you you be