Last Minutes Changes you'd like to see for Finals

Madison...I love you...BUT...hurry and change the ending.

I don't think it's going to happen. The slow ending is too tied to their theme. I mean, where exactly would you derail from the current programming and transition into a Madison company front with high mark time and how exactly would that fit the program? I think they're stuck with what they got!

Spirit of Atlanta: Drop out the next two weeks, pull a Madison Scouts 1976, and do the NOIR show again.

Think youprobably have more talent than that corps did. I love that show and think they got every ounce of

everything they could out of those members and that concept.

Maybe the Cadets narrator could take it new school and bring the message to a younger and less formal crowd.

"Then Lincoln was all like 'hey peeps you can't escape history' and stuff like that."

"And then those japan guys got all up in our face and Roosevelt said 'oh no you didn't' and told us not to be scared and stuff."

"And then that Marilyn girl's boyfriend said it was hard and his rocket went off and we all got spaced out or some kinda junk like that."

"Anyways that's what I heard they said."

"The guy who Daniel Day Lewis played was like "I literally can't even....I just can't"

"Then Japan guys were all #YOLO and Roosevelt be all "B#&%, Pleaaasssseee! You think ya betta than me?"

"Then Marilyn's beau said to his friends "I do easy things all day, amirite? Let's do something hard like go to the moon"

"Anyways that's what I heard they allegedly said....but if it's not facebook official it didn't happen!"

Spirit of Atlanta: Drop out the next two weeks, pull a Madison Scouts 1976, and do the NOIR show again.

Think youprobably have more talent than that corps did. I love that show and think they got every ounce of

everything they could out of those members and that concept.

Yes! THIS!

Madison Scouts:

The Madison Scouts that I know and love don't do musical " soft endings "

Madison Scouts doing a brass line soft ending is like watching a 5 star restaurant's Chief Executive Chef make up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white for us.

To be fair, that PB&J would probably be amazing.

I do agree though. I was hoping they would pull a Cadets 2008. Basically realizing and admitting they screwed up their show design from the start, and instead just giving the fans and members something insane for the last minute or so. O well.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

In all seriousness.

Spirit get new front drops or stick with black. Let Troopers use your front drops.

The desert mountains, wind tattered white picket fences, large blue sky, elongated white clouds

all scream Americana, Wyoming, the great American expansion west, calvary country, etc.

I do not associate those things with the deep south, or magnolia trees.

• Like 3

The Blue Knights obviously have one of the most emotional shows out there. It's paying off in spades for them as their scores keep rising.

They could pull a finals night switch on their show with a few tweaks that would, at the very least, leave the crowd in more tears if not create a baby throwing moment.

The show is clearly "That one second" before you die when your life flashes before your eyes. But a number of people here and there have remarked that "That one second" that changes your life might be any second...and particularly your drum corps experience. At least one person I read here said it'd be the kind of show they'd love to march for their age out year.

So...leave the show basically as it is, but tweak the narration to be about "That one second before you march in finals, a whole season flashes before your eyes." Stuff the guard does around the table can be likened to making new friends on the road. They could do a section about leaving parents and parents' pride. They could make the grandmother an old woman who still has her favorite rifle from yesteryear watching a new generation march before her. They could switch the pictures on the front drops to moments in the season and tour, or even homages to past BK years, etc.

Then, if they really wanted to pull the heartstrings, instead of a flat march off, have those not aging out congratulate those who are aging out with hugs, high fives, etc. and take their equipment and walk off. When they're fairly clear. Those who are aging out come together and walk off hand in hand.

At the least, it'd bring alumni who've marched before to a very emotional moment. Whether it would bounce their GE score or not, who knows...who cares at that point. The fans would talk about that moment for a long long time. And...you might have kids seeing this saying, "That's what I want from a corps experience. I still love _______ but I'm gonna audition for BK next time too."

The Blue Knights obviously have one of the most emotional shows out there. It's paying off in spades for them as their scores keep rising.

They could pull a finals night switch on their show with a few tweaks that would, at the very least, leave the crowd in more tears if not create a baby throwing moment.

The show is clearly "That one second" before you die when your life flashes before your eyes. But a number of people here and there have remarked that "That one second" that changes your life might be any second...and particularly your drum corps experience. At least one person I read here said it'd be the kind of show they'd love to march for their age out year.

So...leave the show basically as it is, but tweak the narration to be about "That one second before you march in finals, a whole season flashes before your eyes." Stuff the guard does around the table can be likened to making new friends on the road. They could do a section about leaving parents and parents' pride. They could make the grandmother an old woman who still has her favorite rifle from yesteryear watching a new generation march before her. They could switch the pictures on the front drops to moments in the season and tour, or even homages to past BK years, etc.

Then, if they really wanted to pull the heartstrings, instead of a flat march off, have those not aging out congratulate those who are aging out with hugs, high fives, etc. and take their equipment and walk off. When they're fairly clear. Those who are aging out come together and walk off hand in hand.

At the least, it'd bring alumni who've marched before to a very emotional moment. Whether it would bounce their GE score or not, who knows...who cares at that point. The fans would talk about that moment for a long long time. And...you might have kids seeing this saying, "That's what I want from a corps experience. I still love _______ but I'm gonna audition for BK next time too."

One question:

Are you gonna pass that thing ? :huh2:

• Like 2

In all seriousness.

Spirit get new front drops or stick with black. Let Troopers use your front drops.

The desert mountains, wind tattered white picket fences, large blue sky, elongated white clouds

all scream Americana, Wyoming, the great American expansion west, calvary country, etc.

I do not associate those things with the deep south, or magnolia trees.

Crazy! I had the exact same thought first time I saw their props in San Antonio.