7/29/14 Troy, MI

Take Two from Saturday's Paw Paw competition. Same corps ... same order ... 5 will get you 10 the order of results will be the same as well, but let's hope for some change for interest sake.

Listed in reverse order of performance.
  • Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
  • Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
  • Genesis - Austin, TX
  • 7th Regiment - New London, CT
  • Raiders - Wayne, NJ
  • Les Stentors - Sherbrooke,
  • Coastal Surge - Myrtle Beach, SC
Hope all the kids enjoyed the low 60s temperatures in Michigan the last couple days (and hope the field is better at Troy than it was at Paw Paw).

unfortunately this show is in the pickle barrel for rain today....as 2014 continues to be a DCI season of rain. 70% chance of showers and possibly a T storm. As daytime heating takes place, numerous showers will develop over the area. Will they end by showtime is up in the air right now. Gotta wait until this afternoons radar lights up before knowing for sure.

Anyone know the rehearsal site for Vanguard Cadets?

Hopefully weather holds, but at least field at Athens HS is turf.

DCI also shows Stentors appearing in Erie, more than four hours away. The show site for Troy doesn't list them, so I think there will be only six corps here.

Can 7th Regiment move closer to SCVC? I saw the Vanguard Cadets last night in Dublin, where their difficult show deservedly beat the World Class performances by Jersey Surf and Cascades. However, it's still very, very dirty, more so than their show last year at this point, I think.

Nice surge by Genesis.