West Chester Work-it-Out

The numbers aren't indicating any "flatlining" for Crown. I don't dispute Cavi's being the comeback team of distinction however. Glad to see it too.

I will stand by my previous post. Show continues to clean nicely. Higher demand, big hearts and momentum help Crown surge

I wouldn't say crowns show is THAT much higher in demand in that the cavaliers field one of the hardest visual programs in DCI year after year. I would say that the visual focus and physicality needed to take on their drill may affect their horn playing. I've heard them play without drill and it sounds great. Perhaps may be a testament to the rigorous visual book.

Hmmm, Cadets have any extremely proficient brass line. I find that brass spread a bit much to swallow... How is this judge? The rest of the numbers don't indicate a bad run so ....

Bloo, Cadets, and BD all have really great hornlines. BD especially. But I think these numbers are the first to get it right this season. Crown's brass is in a class of itself.

• Like 1

If a drill causes the brass sound to suffer, it's a bad drill.

• Like 1

Depends on personal taste.

Depends on personal taste.

???

If a designed part of a show is hurting another part of the show, isn't that inherently bad design?

• Like 2

???

If a designed part of a show is hurting another part of the show, isn't that inherently bad design?

There are difficult drill moves that inherently tax a member more but I wouldn't throw them out because I love seeing awesome drill and am far more of a visual person in general.

There are difficult drill moves that inherently tax a member more but I wouldn't throw them out because I love seeing awesome drill and am far more of a visual person in general.

You just completely ignored my question.

Cappybara is right. One part of the design must not negatively impact any another part. It's necessary for the brass staff and the visual staff to be on the same page from Day One before the show concept is even decided. If the drill looks like a strand of DNA caught in a light socket but the horns sound bad while performing it, both elements suffer because the bad sound detracts from the visual effect.

Well then we certainly aren't talking about Crown, because their sound doesn't suffer

• Like 2