West Chester Work-it-Out

You just completely ignored my question.

No I didn't, the "hurting" you mentioned is a very relative term. I get way more pleasure as a viewer from excellent drill and less than excellent sound than excellent sound and less than excellent drill. Therefore one element of design taxing another doesn't "hurt" the show for me. As previously stated it is a matter of personal taste.

Edited by Anstig

I wouldn't say crowns show is THAT much higher in demand in that the cavaliers field one of the hardest visual programs in DCI year after year. I would say that the visual focus and physicality needed to take on their drill may affect their horn playing. I've heard them play without drill and it sounds great. Perhaps may be a testament to the rigorous visual book.

Cavaliers field the hardest visual programs year after year? That could be said for them in various decades, but not recently

• Like 1

No I didn't, the "hurting" you mentioned is a very relative term. I get way more pleasure as a viewer from excellent drill and less than excellent a sound than excellent sound and less than excellent drill. Therefore one element of design taxing another doesn't "hurt" the show for me. As previously stated it is a matter of personal taste.

We're talking about scores here. I agree that it is personal taste whether you enjoy it or not. But it's still inherently bad design.

Cavaliers field the hardest visual programs year after year? That could be said for them in various decades, but not recently

Maybe s/he mean "hardest LOOKING visual programs?"

That's definitely possible. That technique makes everything looks like it's the hardest step ever taken, in my opinion.

• Like 1

We're talking about scores here. I agree that it is personal taste whether you enjoy it or not. But it's still inherently bad design.

Depends on how much "effect" is derived from a specific drill-music combo.

Crap. Did Crossmen peak?

The key to the scores tonight for Crossmen was that Czapinski (GE1) gave them their lowest GE score since July 21st. It was 0.6 lower than the average of two judges in Atlanta.

Meanwhile, Visual Analysis and Percussion were season highs for the Bones.

• Like 1

Maybe s/he mean "hardest LOOKING visual programs?"

That's definitely possible. That technique makes everything looks like it's the hardest step ever taken, in my opinion.

Nah, broken down they still constantly have an extremely demanding visual book step for step.

The key to the scores tonight for Crossmen was that Czapinski (GE1) gave them their lowest GE score since July 21st. It was 0.6 lower than the average of two judges in Atlanta.

Meanwhile, Visual Analysis and Percussion were season highs for the Bones.

While I agree with calling like you see it. . . . . Marie's numbers are regularly jacked up compared to the rest of the judging community.

Well then we certainly aren't talking about Crown, because their sound doesn't suffer

Crown and Cavies . . . . one of the few still marching and playing!

• Like 2

Put Crown's percussion section up against The Cavaliers or Santa Clara and Crown can't make up enough ground in brass to make up for their deficit in percussion. Look, I don't dislike Crown but they are quickly becoming the 1981 Blue Devils who finished first in every caption at DCI Finals -- with the exception of a ninth place in percussion -- and took second place overall behind Santa Clara.

SCV won M&M that year, not BD.