Most Heart-Wrenching Moments

1984 Suncoast Sound- Requiem followed by the release of the white balloon. Still gets to me 30 years later.

• Like 9

The Crown kid with the leg a couple years ago....

I get queasy just thinking about that. I've never been able to find an actual video of the accident, though I guess that's for the best. The kid in me wants to see it, still, though. I'm glad he got to age out in 2012 as a backfield conductor, though!

I get queasy just thinking about that. I've never been able to find an actual video of the accident, though I guess that's for the best. The kid in me wants to see it, still, though. I'm glad he got to age out in 2012 as a backfield conductor, though!

I saw it, trust me. You don't. That was absolutely painful and heartbreaking to watch. I only watched it once almost 4 years ago and I still remember every detail. You could tell in the crowd reaction for the Bluecoats that people were still shocked. Like you said, it all ended well in 2012 with him getting to age out.

• Like 1

So many. '91 Phantom's hornline ending to opener. '88 Scouts ending. '92 Cavaliers opener. Creep. When a man loves a woman. This amazing piece, which I'm about to see in Massillon. I'm sure I'm leaving out like 10 or so more...

• Like 2

2014 Blue Knights, the whole show. Talking with my mom and dad afterwards, both of which have never really been too involved with what I have done and don't have any connection to drum corps at all who had both lost their fathers within recent years about the impact that show had on them both had them and my selves thinking about how short life is, all the cliche's about enjoying it, ect. It was a pretty surreal experience. When a show hits home........it's something else entirely.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Presentation of the Flag to the war widow - Bluecoats 1995

Emily Neuendorf (?) conducting the finale to her age-out show in Finals - Colts 1999

• Like 3

#4) Closer for Madison Scouts 2013..."Never Walk Alone".....yikes! Major tearjerker!

#3) "Laura" hit in BD 2010, amazing moment......also the reprise of "Laura" during closer and whole closing drill....breathtaking.

#2) Company front and "Simple Gifts" during SCV 2009......are you kidding me?? You can't be interested in drum corps and not be moved by that! Period!

#1) Personally, the entire Star of Indiana re-union production during Semi's 2010...but particularly serenading the age outs of 2010 with "When you Wish upon a Star"....holy ####!

• Like 2