Roughin' It at Rutgers

BD is not 2 points better than Cadets. These scores are nutts. There is no way you can justify such large separations with two reads on the same show for some of the corps in the GE captions tonight. Shame it is a forgone conclusion who the champion is nine days before finals.

Guess we will see modifications to the scoring this coming week for a BOX 6? BD scoring 99.6? 99.9?

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 2

Doesn't help when you go on first! There were some obvious numbers management issues tonight. Also, I go by what I said about Marie, her numbers are totally jacked from night to night it seems. Tonight my team benefited, last night not so much! Wow 2nd in color guard for Crown. Albert Lo put Crown 2nd in brass for the first time this year. BD must have really worked some articulations overnight because BD has not been close brass wise in my opinion. Don't get me wrong they play incredible, just not the same detail as Crown.

One judge I've always trusted to tell it like it is would be Albert Lo. If he said BD won, they had a better night. One night does not make a trend but is it really that much of a stretch when they are on fire in every other caption?

• Like 5

BD is not 2 points better than Cadets. These scores are nutts. There is no way you can justify such large separations with two reads on the same show. Shame it is a forgone conclusion who the champion is nine days before finals.

The judging panel doesn't ask themselves how many total points separate any two corps. They judge their individual captions.

BD is consistently winning or almost winning in every caption. They're dominating because they have no weaknesses. That's how the game is played.

• Like 3

No one knows, man. Literally zero people on the face of the Earth can tell you in one sentence what "general effect" is. If we knew what it was, we'd have two judges agreeing. We simply don't.

Sort of like the Higgs Boson? Anytime someone tries to explain it to me, my head hurts.

Sorry, I feel kind of embarrassed for at least 2 of the judges tonight.