Roughin' It at Rutgers

Czapinksi was on Guard tonight, GE last night. She definitely doesn't like what Coats are selling this year in general.

Ok, I can understand, BD and Cadets are winning on the sheets. But with such discrepancy, one judge says 6th, and the other says 2nd, right behind BD, one has to beg to question: What are the sheets? I mean, let's get real lol

Edited by superOOk

Sure, I mean, I guess... it just shows how silly it is to try to quantify performance. These judges had already determined that no one was going to be better than BD tonight. A reasonable assumption, but if we want tabula rasa judging, we aren't getting it.

Yeah. No point getting worked up about the scoring. In the end it's just all subjective. Just like who you like and try not to let the other stuff bring you down. Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

BD lost a SINGLE subcaption: Percussion Achievement to Bluecoats.

That's it.

Ok, I understand, BD and Cadets are winning on the sheets. But with such discrepancy, one has to beg to question: What are the sheets? I mean, let's get real lol

No one knows, man. Literally zero people on the face of the Earth can tell you in one sentence what "general effect" is. If we knew what it was, we'd have two judges agreeing. We simply don't.

These recaps are very strange..Sorry to say but something is not right here. Turners numbers I expected with cadets they are always off. But even the rest. makes you think what the judges are looking at with all the corps. BD scores are out of line like really do they think we are stupid that we don't see what's going on lol.They are great but come on now..

• Like 1

Sybilski has Coats in 5th for GE. This is the part where I stop reading...holy hell that is some bad judging. And there is Czapinksi again from last night. This time its the color guard! 6th...hilarious. Congrats to SCV wow!!

You don't know if this was bad judging. It could have been excellent judging. We're you there? Have you judged major shows at this level? We must be careful about assuming these kinds of things.

• Like 2

At this rate, why not give the crowd a GE column?

Each GE Judge judges their side of GE based on different criteria. One might as well say one is on GE Music and one is on GE Visual. It's basically that, except for they won't tell you which one like they used to. Make no mistake about it. That's why the two judges' scores are so different from each other.

These recaps are very strange..Sorry to say but something is not right here. Turners numbers I expected with cadets they are always off. But even the rest. makes you think what the judges are looking at with all the corps. BD scores are out of line like really do they think we are stupid that we don't see what's going on lol.

I must be stupid because I don't see what's going on.

• Like 2