Roughin' It at Rutgers

Ok, I can understand, BD and Cadets are winning on the sheets. But with such discrepancy, one judge says 6th, and the other says 2nd, right behind BD, one has to beg to question: What are the sheets? I mean, let's get real lol

Sure but then you have those two GE judges, with two different positions on all the corps, give BD EXACTLY the same score!

Clearly BD's show is beyond indisputable as a GE monster.

Edited by charlie1223

You don't know if this was bad judging. It could have been excellent judging. We're you there? Have you judged major shows at this level? We must be careful about assuming these kinds of things.

I understand your point, but when we have such discrepancy between judges, something doesn't make sense. It means, to me (as a non-judge), that DCI doesn't have a reliable scoring system.

• Like 1

These recaps are very strange..Sorry to say but something is not right here. Turners numbers I expected with cadets they are always off. But even the rest. makes you think what the judges are looking at with all the corps. BD scores are out of line like really do they think we are stupid that we don't see what's going on lol.They are great but come on now..

I'm no BD homer, but I have absolutely NO problem with their caption scores. They're that good across the board. The race right now is in the 2-3 spots and then again in the 4-5-6 spots (because Cavaliers really are making that a three-way race now).

By calling it like they see it. That is what we want, right?

actually no, thats the way we did it back in the day with the tic system and before judges had to be accountable to criteria. UGH I remember those deadly words from bad judging " I called it like I saw it "

Today we want them to judge by the criteria, BUT I do get ya one can interpret criteria differently . So maybe It's calling it as I see it based on criteria.....lol...hows that for dancing....lol......kiddin ya but I do understand what you meant...

I understand your point, but when we have such discrepancy between judges, something doesn't make sense. It means, to me (as a non-judge), that DCI doesn't have a reliable scoring system.

Understatement of the season right there!

Looks like it is a given that BD will be atop the podium once again....one of these days we may see parity amongst corps, but at this rate, not in my lifetime!!!

• Like 1

These recaps are very strange..Sorry to say but something is not right here. Turners numbers I expected with cadets they are always off. But even the rest. makes you think what the judges are looking at with all the corps. BD scores are out of line like really do they think we are stupid that we don't see what's going on lol.They are great but come on now..

Besides the Blue Devils putting on a drum corps clinic this year, what IS going on?

I'd like to be enlightened.

Each GE Judge judges their side of GE based on different criteria. One might as well say one is on GE Music and one is on GE Visual. It's basically that, except for they won't tell you which one like they used to. Make no mistake about it. That's why the two judges' scores are so different from each other.

except when it came to BD ofcourse.

actually no, thats the way we did it back in the day with the tic system and before judges had to be accountable to criteria. UGH I remember those deadly words from bad judging " I called it like I saw it "

Today we want them to judge by the criteria, BUT I do get ya one can interpret criteria differently . So maybe It's calling it as I see it based on criteria.....lol...hows that for dancing....lol......kiddin ya but I do understand what you meant...

Well, what I don't want is for the first show of the season to determine placement in Indy. I like the unpredictable and changing scores.