It's next week people. Discuss.

Who, the Blue Knights? Yeah I'm cheering for them to pass Cavies too! #underdog

• Like 2

My underdog choice, and focus, will be Bluecoats. There is NO doubt Blue Devils, Cadets, will probably share top position in guestimating as to who will win it all. So, what's new? But, I really believe Bluecoats have made the most significant statement of 2014. They reportedly get the best fan reaction everywhere, their performance quality can't posssibly be so far behind to rule out a win. What I like most about Bluecoats accomplishment is this, they have brought a 'rise' back from the older fan base. To me, they represent the best of both worlds.

You know, if a corps can remain within a point of Cadets, Blue Devils, anything remains possible at Indy. BUT, I'm afraid a significant switch in Indy is over-dependent on the mental fabric of the judging panel. Can 3-4 of these individuals be expected to make the 'tough choice' if that appears to be the right call? I'm not so sure. Human nature tells me, in a year when 3 corps are basically stuck within the same point spread, some will take the easy route and simply anoint the champion (in their mind) on Friday night.

Am I being too cynical?

Then again, if Santa Clara Vanguard or Carolina Crown assert themselves, beginning TONIGHT, things become even more crazy! I'll be satisfied with any of these 5 as 2014 Champion.

• Like 1

Troop beating Crossmen. Hey, it could happen. Scores are tied now.

• Like 1

My Underdogs:

Bluecoats

Carolina Crown

Boston Crusaders

Troopers

What a year when a corps like Crown can be considered an underdog.

It's next week people. Discuss.

No, it's THIS week right now.

Wait, are you trying to say that Championship week is next week? Well alrigthty! It is and I'm not going to straighten the tilt ( a.k.a. JINX) Bloooo at this time.

• Like 1

Congratulations Bluecoats on your upcoming bronze medal. Well Done.