Quincy Pre-Mortem (7/31)

Visual is going to kill Boston. I've been worried about that book since I saw it at the beginning of the season. It's just too hard for the level of the corps right now. It's a great book, but it hasn't gotten clean enough by a long shot.

87.5 on Monday for the BAC and only an 87.2 tonight. Not what they needed and I'm not aware of more new stuff being added/changed. Let's hope it was an off night, but tomorrow night (weather permitting) will be a key evaluation. Stay strong.

I wouldn't be too worried about the scores tonight.....definitely some interesting sub-caption calls!!!

Just keep pushin', Troop!

I wouldn't be too worried about the scores tonight.....definitely some interesting sub-caption calls!!!

Boston's large gap in visual achievement vs. composition is nothing new, though. It has consistently been big all season. In fact, I think the closest it's been all year was the last show they attended. They've regularly been posting gaps of greater than 5 tenths between comp and achievement (often in both visual captions, but most often in Analysis).

87.5 on Monday for the BAC and only an 87.2 tonight. Not what they needed and I'm not aware of more new stuff being added/changed. Let's hope it was an off night, but tomorrow night (weather permitting) will be a key evaluation. Stay strong.

Is tonight the first time that Boston moved into Box 5 in any captions? Despite the higher overall score on Monday, they had none in Charleston. Tonight color guard was 18.20 and percussion was 18.40. Also, as geluf has noted, the G.E. 1 judge and two visual judges have Boston's content much higher than their achievement--so they presumably need to clean rather than add. On Monday, the G.E. 1 judge plus the visual analysis and visual proficiency judges had them just one-tenth from Box 5. Boston's content weaknesses, relatively speaking, actually appear to be brass, music analysis, and G.E. 2.

When did Boston change the name of their show to 'Animal House'? Gotta love Paul Cain! :)

paul really loved that movie