Quincy Pre-Mortem (7/31)

Is tonight the first time that Boston moved into Box 5 in any captions? Despite the higher overall score on Monday, they had none in Charleston. Tonight color guard was 18.20 and percussion was 18.40. Also, as geluf has noted, the G.E. 1 judge and two visual judges have Boston's content much higher than their achievement--so they presumably need to clean rather than add. On Monday, the G.E. 1 judge plus the visual analysis and visual proficiency judges had them just one-tenth from Box 5. Boston's content weaknesses, relatively speaking, actually appear to be brass, music analysis, and G.E. 2.

And last year on the Thursday before Allentown, Boston scored 87.250 vs. 87.200 tonight.

Unlike this year, that was their highest score to that point.

Still, no one could argue that they still need to clean, clean, clean.

Visual is going to kill Boston. I've been worried about that book since I saw it at the beginning of the season. It's just too hard for the level of the corps right now. It's a great book, but it hasn't gotten clean enough by a long shot.

Indeed...totally agree.

The 12th spot is looking to go to the Crossmen; but the battle between the Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, and Boston Crusaders for 9th, 10th, and 11th is going to be a fight to the finish.

The thing about the Crossmen this year is that they are consistently ranked across all captions. They don't have a really weak caption, nor a really strong one. Their GE scores have floated around and are largely dependent on who the judgea are that evening. Tonight's scores in GE weren't as strong as with other judges. Yet, they improved overall with gains in the Visual and Music captions.

I did find them beating Madison in Visual Analysis and Music Analysis interesting.

I have to admit that I didn't see this Crossmen season coming.

I was at Quincy tonight. I have not looked at recaps, but Troopers seemed very strong as far as brass is concerned, but there still needs to be some cleaning as far as drill is concerned. Crossmen had a great show tonight, but they need to work on a few things musically. I do think we'll see Crossmen in finals, but it wouldn't say that with complete certainty.

Regarding BAC, I thought they should have received a higher score and thought they'd reach 90. Maybe it's a combination of seeing them at home and good momentum on their part. I did see them in Atlanta and was impressed, but I will have to say I thought they were. Uh stronger tonight. I haven't looked at recaps yet, but I found them stronger and cleaner visually where as musically, I found Madison better. I really enjoyed Madison. They got off to a slow start, but once they found their stride, they were amazing. In Atlanta, I feared they could be vulnerable but tonight put that to rest.

Surf had a good night this evening.

Oh, so they are much worse this year than last. :cool:

Like all corps, the BAC have improved during each season. Some have shown they have had larger score increases than many other corps. But, even this late in the past three years, they have had minor stalls. A-Town these next two nights will really position many corps for finals week with maybe any movement not more than one or two spots for a few corps.

2012 7/28 Atlanta 85.95 7/30 Raleigh 86.35 7/31 Salem 86.20 8/2 Lawrence 86.10 8/4 A-Town 87.30 8/6 Massillon 87.10 8/9 Prelims 89.00

2013 7/28 Atlanta 85.00 7/30 Salem 86.10 8/1 Lawrence 87.25 8/3 A-Town 88.50 8/4 Pitt. 88.90 8/5 OH 89.00 8/8 Prelims 87.95

2014 7/26 Atlanta 86.650 7/28 Charles. 87.50 7/31 Quincy 87.20

Like all corps, the BAC have improved during each season. Some have shown they have had larger score increases than many other corps. But, even this late in the past three years, they have had minor stalls. A-Town these next two nights will really position many corps for finals week with maybe any movement not more than one or two spots for a few corps.

2012 7/28 Atlanta 85.95 7/30 Raleigh 86.35 7/31 Salem 86.20 8/2 Lawrence 86.10 8/4 A-Town 87.30 8/6 Massillon 87.10 8/9 Prelims 89.00

2013 7/28 Atlanta 85.00 7/30 Salem 86.10 8/1 Lawrence 87.25 8/3 A-Town 88.50 8/4 Pitt. 88.90 8/5 OH 89.00 8/8 Prelims 87.95

2014 7/26 Atlanta 86.650 7/28 Charles. 87.50 7/31 Quincy 87.20

Ghost IMO shows was subdued by all last night ( All the kids did a great job as well). Nice ending with BAC, MS and troops on the field together last night. They mention each corps had multiple CYO national championships. ( Respect for each corps history). Nice night had by all. Stadium was packed. Notice a big improvement from their show in Lawrence ( The soloist Sally was mic with her 1st solo and I think not with her 2nd). It should be interesting to see what they come up with over the last part of the season. The recaps were interesting last night.

• Like 1