Allentown . . . DAY ONE!

Anyone have tips on Allentown parking? Every time I have gone recently I have been on a bus. I know it's a tough situation, so any tips would be appreciated!

If I told you my secret, you might take my spot. :-)

BTW--

Here are the judges (from the Madison Scouts site)

Chief Judge- Garland Markham

Color Guard- Robert Solomon

Contest Coordinator- Anthony DiCarlo

GE Music- Wayne Dillon

GE Music- S. Jay Kennedy

GE Visual- Michael Kelly

GE Visual- Michael Stone

Music Analysis- David Carbone

Music Brass- Paul McGarr

Music Percussion- Jeff Prosperie

Music Percussion 2- Alan Dunn

Visual Analysis- Deborah Torchia

Visual Proficiency- William Chumley

Well, we know the drum scores should be spot on. Prosperie knows his stuff and calls it right, as far as I know. I don't know Dunn as well. Pretty sure I marched with Dave Carbone back in the day...

I'm a bit nervous about that big mass of rain down in Virginia and Maryland. I'm nervous because of how extensive it is, and the fact that it it appears to be trying to move north. Having said that, I don't have access to model data that I would have if I was at work, so I am not sure of the exact mechanism involved. Hopefully this rain area moves as much (or more) east as it does north. And Rainshdw mentioned something about some dry air eroding the northern edge of the rain mass, so that would be good too.

And actually, a little rain before show time would be helpful since that would decrease the instability that could lead to more thunderstorms later on (such as during the show).

I haven't looked at tomorrow's situation at all...one day at a time.

I'll raise you an 81.05 to tie their score from semis last year.

Rome was to be their break 80 show. You're right, this should do one better!

Right now, in Allentown (1:25pm) it is party cloudy, temperature 87 degrees and HUMID. I have some good news to report . . . .

The highly popular vendor with the giant shaved ice cones DOES have his truck parked up on the upper level!

Right now, in Allentown (1:25pm) it is party cloudy, temperature 87 degrees and HUMID.

And it looks like storms are starting to pop around southeastern PA. My gut tells me it is going to storm at some point in Allentown today. Let's hope they roll through earlier rather than later (during show time).

I'm excited to see Dillon and Kennedy judging GE. I'm predicting favorable GE 1 (music) scores for Bloo. Jjeffeory, if you're reading this, let's test my theory on these two judges.

• Like 2

You did. He's also an outstanding judge, particularly in tonight's caption.

Cool, figured the odds were pretty good. You going tonight?