Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

Quick thoughts from Allentown, just got back with my 2 kids. Firstly, just thought I'd mention that ever since the stadium renovation it's not the same. The field is further away from the stands, and volume suffers greatly. I would recommend trying to be in the lower section, about row 25 or so. That's we were Friday and it was MUCH better than being up top (where I was tonight), but as you would expect, tough to make out forms from down there. But nobody was loud up top, even crowns 1st chord didn't project all that well.

I'm not going to give blurbs about individual corps, enough people have done that. I did want to mention that I personally thought there was a LOT of thunderous goo. Just too loud on the amps for a lot of corps. Soloists could barely be heard if they weren't mic'd over amped marimbas or "sound effects" (wind, birds, etc) coming from the synth.

My son's favorite show was the Troopers, followed by Crown. Daughter's was SCV last night, and tonight Crown and Cavaliers.

The Cadet's new tarps were hard to see. I saw a black woman, I think an asian kid, and the other ones were just glare and couldn't make out anything.

I'm a brass guy, love Crown's brass the past few years, but they were definitely noticeably off tonight. Bluecoats were best in brass tonight IMO. Pitch bend didn't do much for the people up in my area, but the new ending was coo. That guy got some major air off the ramp, holy cow!

After seeing both nights, I can't see anyone coming close to BD.

Oh and a new thing I learned after all these years (think I've been coming here since 1990 or so too) - during intermission to avoid the crazy food and bathroom lines, get your hand stamped, go to the Ham Fam restaurant and order to-go (and hit the bathroom). No problem bringing the bag back into the stadium with the food! Made the kids happy campers :-)

• Like 2

Oh and a new thing I learned after all these years (think I've been coming here since 1990 or so too) - during intermission to avoid the crazy food and bathroom lines, get your hand stamped, go to the Ham Fam restaurant and order to-go (and hit the bathroom). No problem bringing the bag back into the stadium with the food! Made the kids happy campers :-)

That's...brilliant.

You've been around long enough to know that year in, year out, Crown is largely beloved on most of these boards. There's the odd fist fight with Cadets supporters from time to time of course, but if you don't see how much "the young people" of crown are admired and their organization held up to respect....then you just ain't paying attention. Some of the criticisms tonight have been a bit brusk but for the most part they are just observations. And in terms of being abused on DCP and the recipient of mean statements, I think us BD supporters have some reference material on which to reflect in past years. :rock: Besides, I can say with great confidence, that the CC MM's don't come to DCP for moral, direction or guidance.....they could give two hoots.....they are champions and they wear it well.

I think we have to remember that DCI is "marching music's major league." The MMs, particularly in the more mature groups, are roughly the same age as NCAA athletes. Diehard college sports fans and alumni don't generally have a coddling attitude toward "the kids," and I can't understand why some people here do. As impassioned as posts can be here on DCP, I have never seen posts that say screw the _______ or that the _______ suck. I'm not saying that we here on DCP should engage in this type of exchange, but I can't understand why some get so sensitive. People really are pretty appropriate here on DCP. Remember, we are all fans here. We are fanatics. We care about our teams. We have our favorites. And we have our rivals too. People here post passionately because they care, and IMO it's good for the activity that people care.

• Like 2

I think we have to remember that DCI is "marching music's major league." The MMs, particularly in the more mature groups, are roughly the same age as NCAA athletes. Diehard college sports fans and alumni don't generally have a coddling attitude toward "the kids," and I can't understand why some people here do. As impassioned as posts can be here on DCP, I have never seen posts that say screw the _______ or that the _______ suck. I'm not saying that we here on DCP should engage in this type of exchange, but I can't understand why some get so sensitive. People really are pretty appropriate here on DCP. Remember, we are all fans here. We are fanatics. We care about our teams. We have our favorites. And we have our rivals too. People here post passionately because they care, and IMO it's good for the activity that people care.

Yep.

Those lululemon-style pants really show the sweat.

And the guys junk. It's ridiculous.

And the guys junk. It's ridiculous.

Maybe if you focused a bit more on the person playing the horn instead of the guy's crotch, you wouldn't be complaining about it. I assure you that in all my multi cam viewing's, I have not noticed that at all. Seems like your eyes are fixed on the wrong area.

• Like 4

funny hows someone's so called " BAD RUN " would be another's " run of a Lifetime "...lol..how many would love to have such a " BAD " run.....yes a fan fav. , all that matters? hmmmmmm well some might feel that way

My best run in 2009 was on a concrete field during finals week. #### happens.

Drum feature was fan freakin tasticly clean.

Year in & year out, Garfields snare line is my favorite.

Well, that's all that matters to me. I can assure you I will not be listening to Cadets 2014 in 5 years. This show, on the other hand...

well of course it matters to you because you arent on that field...competition is competition always been like that. Not that it diminishes any other experiences that come from it. adds to it for many