Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

I'd like to chime in with kudos for the Fan Network team. I watched both nights of the Allentown without a single sputter or incident. Video image quality was great and audio was as-expected for a locally produced show (IOW: Tom Blair didn't roll-up in a multi-million dollar trailer). My setup was very simple - Apple iPad streaming via AirPlay to AppleTV - then HDMI into 7.1 receiver and large screen TV.

GREAT JOB, FN team!

His performance is lip-synced live! You never found it curious how the narrator sounds exactly the same, with the exact same inflections and space every single time? I don't mind that's its lip-synced because it is in fact his voice and he does a great job acting. However, it is lip-synced. :)

Unbelievable. It is NOT lip synced. It is entirely live!!!

No matter how many times you ask or claim otherwise.

I heard from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who said that the rumor that it's lip synched is TOTALLY NOT true!

• Like 1

The broadcast from Allentown was of better quality than I anticipated. A telecast of corps performances from Allentown will always look different because of it expansive background. Now, having no seating on the other side, even if just empty seating, plus a somewhat ugly wall design and certain items behind that, becomes a distraction in an offensive way. Yes, the front sideline was moved back when the stadium was modernized. Unfortunately, it's all too far back, now. The old viewing perspective was FAR better. Now, the camera doesn't look as much down over the corps, as it does across the heads of them. I mean, the high camera was not even able to distinguish two of Cadets tarps correctly. Stadium lighting has been improved, but it is still not as bright as other stadiums, and I sensed the area between the front sideline and the hash marks was darker than other areas.

So... to sum up:

The stadium sucks, but it's such an iconic venue that it will never be taken off the schedule. :tongue:

• Like 1

I think what's adding fuel to the rumor about lip synching is the webcast itself. In last night's webcast the video and audio were not in perfect synch on my computer (I was watching multi-cam). I hadn't noticed it before but there was definitely some lag time between video and audio last night.

There was a comment out here about how Crown tied with Madison in Brass. Another person responded by saying something snide, like "so, the judges agree with all of us who thought Crown was "off" tonight"...What an insulting remark. And whoever made that remark obviously isn't very informed. I'm so sick and tired of Madison being overlooked and slammed this season. Their brass line is amazing. Go Madison. I hope your members are not listening to all of these negative remarks. And everyone is slamming their show design this season. Well...the members should not be penalized by all this negativity because of show design. If you ask me, there are a number of corps in higher standing whose shows have much worse show design. I hope Scouts turn it up in Indianapolis and prove all of you negative people wrong. And by the way...I understand that something went wrong at the end of their show last night in Allentown...I'm not sure what. But if it hadn't been for some mistake, they would have probably scored a lot higher.

• Like 1

There was a comment out here about how Crown tied with Madison in Brass. Another person responded by saying something snide, like "so, the judges agree with all of us who thought Crown was "off" tonight"...What an insulting remark. And whoever made that remark obviously isn't very informed. I'm so sick and tired of Madison being overlooked and slammed this season. Their brass line is amazing. Go Madison. I hope your members are not listening to all of these negative remarks. And everyone is slamming their show design this season. Well...the members should not be penalized by all this negativity because of show design. If you ask me, there are a number of corps in higher standing whose shows have much worse show design. I hope Scouts turn it up in Indianapolis and prove all of you negative people wrong. And by the way...I understand that something went wrong at the end of their show last night in Allentown...I'm not sure what. But if it hadn't been for some mistake, they would have probably scored a lot higher.

What i am confused about is what difference does it make what Madison's score and placement is? According to alot of Scout fans, they are in it just for the entertainment of the fans and can give two ***** about scores and placements.

• Like 1

To be fair, a lot of those comments were made before the scores were announced and we saw that Madison had tied them achievement on the recap. And yes, Madison sounds fantastic this year, if anything that score in brass is something to be very proud of, considering Crowns history in brass these last few years.