KINGSTON CONTEST

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but the Cabs percussion number is starting to look like an issue. Down .5 to Fusion and C2 and MBI were not in the show. They've been down to C2 in a previous show. With Reading, popping big numbers all season, Cabs are leaving no room for error in any other caption if they end up 5th in Percussion.

I agree jkmummer,

Whether Cabs win or lose at this point really comes down to the percussion in my opinion. The brass is #1, colorguard is right up there, the visual and effect captions are at the top. If the percussion scores too low that's it. Done

Reminds me of the same problems with Crown in 2012 and 2013. It cost them in 2012 and they were gifted a score in 2013. As much as I want Cabs to win I don't want them gifted anything. I wanna see them win it fair and square.

Edited by DCAfan85

Cabs percussion made a great run at the end last year, and tightened up the gap a lot. I don't rule anything out yet.

• Like 3

Cabs percussion made a great run at the end last year, and tightened up the gap a lot. I don't rule anything out yet.

And, while I haven't checked the recaps yet so I don't know if it showed in the number or not, my eyes and ears told me Saturday night they seem to have begun a repeat of last year's August run. (But, of course, I'm an old horn player :cool: )

And, while I haven't checked the recaps yet so I don't know if it showed in the number or not, my eyes and ears told me Saturday night they seem to have begun a repeat of last year's August run. (But, of course, I'm an old horn player :cool: )

I didn't look either. But the key is spreads. Drum judges aren't afraid to give a spread.

I know spreads are going to tighten. There's no doubt. If we were simply talking about Bucs first and Cabs second in percussion, then it's just about the spread which could get tighter. When you start losing to other corps you're now creating a bigger issue. Not only are you dealing with placing, that placing will also create a larger spread to fit those corps who are beating you. It essentially creates a scenario where you need to run the table everywhere else or be significantly better in any one caption to make up for it. In which case, refer to the first sentence about everything tightening.

it all comes down to each judge doing their job, and ranking and rating the show of the day. and there's a few days of shows left, so with a little less than a month to go, worrying about finals recaps is pointless. A lot can be accomplished in a short time when things start to gel.

I didn't look either. But the key is spreads. Drum judges aren't afraid to give a spread.

Spoken like the 1996 DCA Champ he is!!! :peek:

• Like 3

Spoken like the 1996 DCA Champ he is!!! :peek:

frank you guy's are doing a great job this year. congrats so far.