KINGSTON CONTEST

Spoken like the 1996 DCA Champ he is!!! :peek:

Yeah. #### alumnus on field brass putting us in 3rd. How dare he be ethical LOL

• Like 1

frank you guy's are doing a great job this year. congrats so far.

You are too kind Don....thanks!!!

I've been lurking, but cannot comment since i am competing.

I know how much you would all love to have a competitors outlook on things, (especially to a certain Cab hater) but my hands are tied.

I'm just enjoying the ride, as I have done for the past 32 years!!

(God...have I been on the field that long?? What the heck is wrong with me!!)

Edited by FPonzo
  • Like 1

:ph34r: I was stayin' out of the whole 18 years ago thing because I didn't want anyone thinking I was trying to jinx anybody or spread bad mojo around, but Frank! Gah! :laugh:

and you know that field brass judge LOL

You are too kind Don....thanks!!!

I've been lurking, but cannot comment since i am competing.

I know how much you would all love to have a competitors outlook on things, (especially to a certain Cab hater) but my hands are tied.

I'm just enjoying the ride, as I have done for the past 32 years!!

(God...have I been on the field that long?? What the heck is wrong with me!!)

There's a serious thread for the off season:

"What the heck is wrong with Frank Ponzo?"

Hey, I can't get to Rochester because I'm getting ready to retire in October and all my efforts are focused on getting my stuff home, but I wish I could be there for your induction.

It's a special day, one which you've earned over and over again. Enjoy it from start to finish.

And when you go home with your Hall of Fame plaque and who knows? maybe your DCA flag, don't think about hanging it up.

You've got more years left in you, and kids that haven't heard you play yet.

You'll know when it's time.

All the best, and congratulations on another great season, both personally, and the corps, the NY Yankees of Drum Corps.

I say that as a Red Sox fan of course.

• Like 2

I'm with Ray on this post...except for the evil RED SOX "LOL".

Congratulations to Frank & all the rest of the Caballeros for having a great season.

As a NY Yankee fan, I am ready for a drum corp DYNASTY.

Just got word that we may be able to make the trip to Rochester, about 5 hours north & west of Poughkeepsie. That's a long trip, so we may have to make a stop at some recreational spot.

Can you say TURNING STONE ??

• Like 1

I'm with Ray on this post...except for the evil RED SOX "LOL".

Congratulations to Frank & all the rest of the Caballeros for having a great season.

As a NY Yankee fan, I am ready for a drum corp DYNASTY.

Just got word that we may be able to make the trip to Rochester, about 5 hours north & west of Poughkeepsie. That's a long trip, so we may have to make a stop at some recreational spot.

Can you say TURNING STONE ??

Good luck - Hope you can make it :colgate: !

There's a serious thread for the off season:

"What the heck is wrong with Frank Ponzo?"

Hey, I can't get to Rochester because I'm getting ready to retire in October and all my efforts are focused on getting my stuff home, but I wish I could be there for your induction.

It's a special day, one which you've earned over and over again. Enjoy it from start to finish.

And when you go home with your Hall of Fame plaque and who knows? maybe your DCA flag, don't think about hanging it up.

You've got more years left in you, and kids that haven't heard you play yet.

You'll know when it's time.

All the best, and congratulations on another great season, both personally, and the corps, the NY Yankees of Drum Corps.

I say that as a Red Sox fan of course.

You are WAY too kind Ray, but I do appreciate your words more than you know.

These knees and feet are getting old, and this body is getting fatter...but I still have my chops, thank god! I have not even thought about what I am doing next year. Just want to finish this season the best I can. If I add another flag to the collection, that would just be icing on the cake. If not, I still had a great time doing this activity that I love so much, and grateful the Cabs allowed me to be part of it once again!

Edited by FPonzo
  • Like 3

You are WAY too kind Ray, but I do appreciate your words more than you know.

These knees and feet are getting old, and this body is getting fatter...but I still have my chops, thank god! I have not even thought about what I am doing next year. Just want to finish this season the best I can. If I add another flag to the collection, that would just be icing on the cake. If not, I still had a great time doing this activity that I love so much, and grateful the Cabs allowed me to be part of it once again!

Dude,

You and I can make a pact to lose 100lbs between the two of us - our 4 knees will thank us. You'll feel so good you'll be volunteering to march parades... twice... Wildwood with Cabs... then run back and do Cabs Senile... then maybe do the last 2 blocks with Archie or Reilly.

Mostly it's important for DCA fans to continue to hear that kind of "star quality" playing that was always the hallmark of the Senior Circuit when it was Dorritie, Hazlewood, D'Amico, Swan, Martin, Bushman, Grass, Sidemouth...

Like the golden age of cinema, that had Hepburn (take your choice); Bergman; Monroe; Tracy; Bogart.

So you're stuck being this epoch's George Clooney - trying to carry it with star power.

World's worst analogy?

Maybe...

But DCA does need its stars.

Get out there and do some deep knee bends. We'll get you ready for the 2015 season. Think "Rocky IV"