The TILTING in Massillon...Coats Homecoming

BTW, who won? I still don't know.

Cadets with a 96.1

Thanks! But I would have NOT been surprised if Coats' had won, I thought crowd support would carry the day. No suprise that Cadets won, that show is just awesome, what an incredible package.

I just read the reviews, and I saw the Coats drums (which I dissed) won big, and Cadets drums were third.

They weren't third. :cool:

Edited by wvu80

Wow nice intervals Cadets! That pic has me a little excited, tough form to get that clean!

Wow nice intervals Cadets! That pic has me a little excited, tough form to get that clean!

Cadets use that same form on 3 big brass hits. at least. Maybe more. what happened to the innovators of DCI ?

Thanks! But I would have NOT been surprised if Coats' had won, I thought crowd support would carry the day. No suprise that Cadets won, that show is just awesome, what an incredible package.

I just read the reviews, and I saw the Coats drums (which I dissed) won big, and Cadets drums were third.

They weren't third. :cool:

Coats drums are great! No question.....but, not sure that they are .3 better in Achievement compared with Cadets.....percussion will be a 'knife fight' in Indy with BD in the mix.

Those top drum lines are soooo good, it's really hard for a fan, ANY fan, to know why one perc session is better than another, unless from the stands, you can pick out left-handed rattamacue flammadoddles which are played inverted while marching backwards and sideways and know that's what impressed the judges.

Most of us only hear the snares.

Show-offs. :cool:

Yep, my only concern is when I hear from my son that the drum judge was not tracking a lot of their stuff. That group does not serve up their goods to the front field enough for my taste; but just another challenge to surmount, especially given the quality of percussion this year.

Cadets use that same form on 3 big brass hits. at least. Maybe more. what happened to the innovators of DCI ?

Really? Like Bluecoats in their brass rectangle formation about five times throughout the show or BD in their "no drill at all" half the show?

Really? Like Bluecoats in their brass rectangle formation about five times throughout the show or BD in their "no drill at all" half the show?

Not paying attention at all to whatever the poster you're replying to said but "no drill at all?" really? Are you seriously going to take that approach? Look at BD's show. They have just as many scatter sets as any other corps.

Relax, he isn't correct anyway.