The TILTING in Massillon...Coats Homecoming

I'll be catching up with reviews and such after the season ends, unfortunately; my summer got too busy. However, I thought this might be of interest...

I treated 15 people to this show. (More than I intended, but I put the offer out simultaneously to family, friends, and coworkers, more of them said yes than I expected, and I didn't want to have to rescind the offer!) Most of them left before scores, but I asked them all to identify their favorite. One person couldn't decide and refused to answer. These were the opinions of the other fourteen:

Theatrical production manager, first time seeing drum corps: Santa Clara Vanguard

Theatrical wig master, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

Theatrical personnel logistics manager, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Santa Clara Vanguard

Retired newspaper composition manager, third time seeing drum corps (last time was 1990): split between Carolina Crown and Bluecoats*

Retired school principal, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

Retired school district administrator: Santa Clara Vanguard

Accountant for social services organization, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Carolina Crown

Payroll master for arts organization, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Carolina Crown

English professor, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Carolina Crown

Arts administration student from Vietnam in work-study program, first time seeing drum corps: Santa Clara Vanguard

Special events manager, sixth or so time seeing drum corps (last time was 1999): Bluecoats**

HR professional, second time seeing drum corps (last time was 1999): Carolina Crown

Eleven-year old, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

Nine-year old, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

*Right after Cadets performed, this person said, "They're very good, but the show is so cheesy."

**Before Bluecoats performed, this person said that SCV's show was his favorite of the evening.

So that's 5.5 for Carolina Crown, 5.5 for Bluecoats, and 3 for Santa Clara Vanguard.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

• 2 weeks later...

I treated 15 people to this show ... asked them all to identify their favorites ...

I should have also noted that he said, when Crown came on to the field, "Oh, trampolines--this is promising."

Love hearing what new people to the activity think.

I'll be catching up with reviews and such after the season ends, unfortunately; my summer got too busy. However, I thought this might be of interest...

I treated 15 people to this show. (More than I intended, but I put the offer out simultaneously to family, friends, and coworkers, more of them said yes than I expected, and I didn't want to have to rescind the offer!) Most of them left before scores, but I asked them all to identify their favorite. One person couldn't decide and refused to answer. These were the opinions of the other fourteen:

Theatrical production manager, first time seeing drum corps: Santa Clara Vanguard

Theatrical wig master, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

Theatrical personnel logistics manager, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Santa Clara Vanguard

Retired newspaper composition manager, third time seeing drum corps (last time was 1990): split between Carolina Crown and Bluecoats*

Retired school principal, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

Retired school district administrator: Santa Clara Vanguard

Accountant for social services organization, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Carolina Crown

Payroll master for arts organization, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Carolina Crown

English professor, second time seeing drum corps (first was last year): Carolina Crown

Arts administration student from Vietnam in work-study program, first time seeing drum corps: Santa Clara Vanguard

Special events manager, sixth or so time seeing drum corps (last time was 1999): Bluecoats**

HR professional, second time seeing drum corps (last time was 1999): Carolina Crown

Nine-year old, first time seeing drum corps: Bluecoats

*Right after Cadets performed, this person said, "They're very good, but the show is so cheesy."

**Before Bluecoats performed, this person said that SCV's show was his favorite of the evening.

So that's 5.5 for Carolina Crown, 5.5 for Bluecoats, and 3 for Santa Clara Vanguard.

Learned my first thing all day...I could find life to be a lot easier financially if I could find a way to make it into your circle of friends. :poke: