TOC Buffalo Wing Championships 2014

I'm gonna start this thread with some info on why today's event is being held at a high school stadium. The event was originally going to be held at Ralph Wilson Stadium, where it was held last year with all the stupid monkeys videotaping and all that. However, that stadium is undergoing renovations this summer. Therefore, it got moved to UB Stadium in Amherst, which had hosted the Buffalo show twice before (most recently in 2007). Everything was going fine until the afternoon of July 2, when it was announced that "a previously unscheduled field construction project" (aka "the stadium failed its inspection") forced it to move again to All High Stadium in the city of Buffalo. Now, the stadium has hosted DCI shows in the past, but not any of this magnitude; not to mention, parking will be terrible despite there being shuttles, and the stadium itself is in a pretty rough area of town. So, for this reason, for the first time in perhaps all my life, I am going to forgo this year's Buffalo show and will instead see the top 15 corps in theaters Thursday. I express deep sympathy for Jack, the Buffalo show host, for all that he has gone through this past month. I mean, what are the odds that the city's top two stadia are unavailable? Not only are the odds rare, but the toll it takes is very unfortunate. Here's hoping that Buffalo hosts two events next year to make up for this!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

That being said, here is the info for tonight:

Tour of Champions - Buffalo

Robert Rich Sr. All-High Stadium

2885 Main St.

Buffalo, NY 14214

Performing corps (in order):

Santa Clara Vanguard

Bluecoats

Troopers

(INT)

Carolina Crown

Cavaliers

Cadets

Blue Devils

I'll check the show website for the official schedule, but if anybody can find it before me, that would be great!

As for the weather, there's a pretty constant 40% chance of rain today until during the show.

Predictions anyone? Will BD break 97 tonight? Will Bluecoats finally pass Cadets? Will the Troopers surprise anyone? Post away!

The one thing I can say for sure is, now that you've brought up wings, I'll definitely be hitting up Duff's after the show is over.

Actually, now that I think of it, "Buffalo Wing Championship" was the name of last year's Buffalo thread. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I'm gonna start this thread with some info on why today's event is being held at a high school stadium. The event was originally going to be held at Ralph Wilson Stadium, where it was held last year with all the stupid monkeys videotaping and all that. However, that stadium is undergoing renovations this summer. Therefore, it got moved to UB Stadium in Amherst, which had hosted the Buffalo show twice before (most recently in 2007). Everything was going fine until the afternoon of July 2, when it was announced that "a previously unscheduled field construction project" (aka "the stadium failed its inspection") forced it to move again to All High Stadium in the city of Buffalo. Now, the stadium has hosted DCI shows in the past, but not any of this magnitude; not to mention, parking will be terrible despite there being shuttles, and the stadium itself is in a pretty rough area of town. So, for this reason, for the first time in perhaps all my life, I am going to forgo this year's Buffalo show and will instead see the top 15 corps in theaters Thursday. I express deep sympathy for Jack, the Buffalo show host, for all that he has gone through this past month. I mean, what are the odds that the city's top two stadia are unavailable? Not only are the odds rare, but the toll it takes is very unfortunate. Here's hoping that Buffalo hosts two events next year to make up for this!

I am also not going. The winter killed UB's turf so it had to be replaced (You'd think this would be noticed around April, not July) and I am pretty sure with all The Ralph updates, they knew last year it wasn't going to be held there. I felt the ticket swap wasn't handled that well, especially right at 4th of July weekend. By the time I found out/was able to try to get tickets, I wasn't going to pay $40+ to sit low or $30+ to be on the 30 by myself. I somehow got a postcard for the show last week with my name at my parents' house (a new address that didn't exist until this February as my parents built a house) when I haven't lived with my parents in 8 years.

Zach, Pretty sure Duff's (on Sheridan/Millersport) closes probably by 9 or 10 on Sunday. If you want to travel downtown or to S Buffalo, try Gabriel's Gate or Nine-Eleven Tavern.

Maybe Troopers score will get caught in the scoring gravitational field that Bluecoats produces.

Its weird that the TOC championship is awarded here while there is another TOC show tomorrow.