TOC Buffalo Wing Championships 2014

Troopers:

Clear playing. Clear visuals. Clear drill writing with loads of effects. Great balance and volume. Clear message.

They definitely belong here at TOC. Crowd loved them.

... woops they're not done...!

You get the idea.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 3

odd question - have the Cadets gone on first or secondat any of the TOC shows? According to the list not before an intermission in two seasons - one of the last three spots the entire summer unless I misse one.

Let's see if Crown will be just as unstable as last night..

I'm seeing Crown this season as a deja vu of what we saw in 2010 and 2011 - a strong start, but the amount and magnitude of tweaks in the show causes it to fall apart later on and result in some pretty inconsistent performances. At the very least, their hornline almost never disappoints.

• Like 1

odd question - have the Cadets gone on first or secondat any of the TOC shows? According to the list not before an intermission in two seasons - one of the last three spots the entire summer unless I misse one.

I've only been to three and I think they were last at each? They're all running together. I would think they rotate that ..... Dies it really matter? I don't know

Int:

Good facilities... box 5 toilet intervals.

Good instrumentation... full line, no holes...

Okay.

• Like 2

I've only been to three and I think they were last at each? They're all running together. I would think they rotate that ..... Dies it really matter? I don't know

List of going on first:

Dekalb - BD

Warrensburg - Cavies

Houston - Bluecoats

Nashville - Cavies

Charlotte - Cadets

Rutgers - Carolina Crown

Buffalo - SC Vanguard

Massillon - Phantom

Technically Music City was first at Nashville and Phantom is going on third behind Boston and Crossmen. However, out of the corps that attend all TOC shows, they were the first corps out of that group.

Crown:

Only good things to say about the show. It is champion worthy... they are not out of the hunt.

I will, however temper some of the assumptions that are made about the horn book though.

Ostinato patterns and key friendly scales go a long way... especially when they are well timed and performed by a world champion group.

I think I have it right.

• Like 1