TOC Buffalo Wing Championships 2014

I think I am looking at different shows from a construction standpoint........differently. BD has a great construction as well as a balance with regards to individual and group responsibilities being asked of the performers. I am not seeing that with the perceived really clean team. Just sayin. In years past.....absolutely!! Just not this time around. Allentown really exposed that for me. With me the comp numbers are different in the TOC shows. Just IMO and my experience

• Like 1

I'm scared to see how good BD is this Thurday with this being their last show of the regular season. 3 Days of cleaning and adding some stuff is going to make them scary good.

There is really nothing to clean or add. The score will just progress to the end. They are already REALLY clean.

Just got home. Will post more in the morning.

My quick thoughts though...

BD is THE cleanest... and it isn't really a close horse race in that respect. Secondly, the spot for second as of this point could easily go to one of three groups given the order of performance and whim of the panel.

Last... I have no beef with the placements, scores or spreads. I think the judges are appropriately portraying a high level of performance across many groups that is unlike any other era... and that is why captions keep shifting and judges are splitting with disagreements.

The Bluecoats best chance at 2 will come tomorrow when they get to perform last.

Have a good night.

• Like 3

They aren't quite "BD clean" though. But they will be.

They are BD clean. Saw it with my own eyes twice today... and the record scores speak volumes.

While BD may be better with their feet, I think Cadets are the strongest visually. IF BD had the cream pants I don't think they would be able to hide some of the form development distortions that occur in their show. Funny it's more in the early to mid stages when the visual demand is not great, the hard stuff the last four minutes is champion caliber for sure. That angled straight line is amazing every night. Cadets look amazing all the time and still March and play the whole show. With that said I do think that BD should be winning both music and GE captions, no arguments there although that could change in a week. You never know, It's not over yet.

exactly!

I'm tellin you guys...

There is a lot of wishful thinking about how clean or dirty they are...

There just isn't anything there to pick at. The corps is 10 steps ahead of everybody... and everybody in the stands tonight seemed to know it.

As they say... I was born in the morning, but I wasn't born this morning. I know clean when I see and hear it, and apparently so do the judges.

I hope you get to see it for yourself here late in the season.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 2

That marching and playing the whole show stuff is bunk as well. It's wishful thinking again... and ignorance to design.

Cadets are a great corps. But the fact that BD is uniquely something to behold doesn't make the Cadets less great.

I'm going to bed... more bickering tomorrow.

• Like 4