TOC Buffalo Wing Championships 2014

Put BD in cream pants

George, I really respect you, and you have been VERY fair and objective this year, but BD, with their simply flawless technique would look just fine if you put them in neon green pants with LED light stripes down each leg. Cadets may hit their forms better, but there is simply no corps with better foot technique than BD. With all due respect. (And Cadets are very, very good too.)

• Like 5

But BD is more ahead than a couple tenths and yet cadets are only 0.05 ahead of Coats in visual. I just disagree with the gaps these judges are throwing out this year.

I'm down with you on that one. Love me some 'coats, but they aren't in Cadets ballpark visually. Well, individual and ensemble at least.

• Like 2

But BD is more ahead than a couple tenths and yet cadets are only 0.05 ahead of Coats in visual. I just disagree with the gaps these judges are throwing out this year.

That's a fair point, but to be honest, the judging at the TOC shows has been, well, weird, all year.

• Like 1

I'm down with you on that one. Love me some 'coats, but they aren't in Cadets ballpark visually. Well, individual and ensemble at least.

Agreed. Bloo is probably my favorite show this year (VERY close to BD). That said, BD, Cadets, Crown and SCV have technically more challenging shows (IMO, brass and drill, I know nothing of guard or perc difficulty). Bloo is performing the hell out of their show though, and are deserving of their placement. Cadets, while technically proficient and clean as a whistle don't hit me in "the feels" as the kids would say, so I think they are missing something in GE. Also, they really don't have many "Cadets" moments this year. Bloo is also not nearly as clean visually as BD, Cadets and SCV.

Superr00k, relax, not slamming your boys. I would love to see them move up to second, but just calling it like I see it.

(Edit to remove silliness, which you can see in quoted post below0

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Interesting TOC scores, for sure. We Cavie honks have the utmost faith in Marie Czapinski, who, as a WGI goddess and genius, is so talented, she can judge a DCI finals GE show from the backfield! Really!!

Well respected by her peers and her former Organization, totally honest and supportive, (though often-times under-valued by Easterners) They absolutely love her up in Chicago!!

Perhaps Caesar needs to stop designing band unis and concentrate of his man date/ directive...cleaning up the judging in the DCIBand arena.

George, I really respect you, and you have been VERY fair and objective this year, but BD, with their simply flawless technique would look just fine if you put them in neon green pants with LED light stripes down each leg. Cadets may hit their forms better, but there is simply no corps with better foot technique than BD. With all due respect. (And Cadets are very, very good too.)

I feel BD should be winning visual. I just don't agree with the gaps. Feel Cadets are closer to BD than the corps behind Cadets are to them. That's all I was get at. BD should be winning, I don't disagree. The scoring in captions have just been jumping all over the place - even two judges at the same contest can't seem to agree. It's been a bit crazy to say the least.

• Like 1

Agreed. Bloo is probably my favorite show this year (VERY close to BD). That said, BD, Cadets, Crown and SCV have technically more challenging shows (IMO, brass, percussion, and drill, I know nothing of guard or perc difficulty). Bloo is performing the hell out of their show though, and are deserving of their placement. Cadets, while technically proficient and clean as a whistle don't hit me in "the feels" as the kids would say, so I think they are missing something in GE. Also, they really don't have many "Cadets" moments this year. Bloo is also not nearly as clean visually as BD, Cadets and SCV.

Superr00k, relax, not slamming your boys. I would love to see them move up to second, but just calling it like I see it.

This. And I too LOVE Coats. I'm just not understanding some of the judging.

Why do so many people feel they are better able to judge than the judges?

Even if they have the necessary qualifications and intimate familiarity with the criteria (which I suspect most don't) and even if they are physically as well positioned (which I suspect most aren't) how can they possibly devote an equivilant level of attention to ALL 8-10 captions at once that EACH judge is able to devote to his or her individual caption?

• Like 2