Very little suspense

Yes but, whenever BD doesn't win in one year, the "kiss and make up" happens the next year (or two). Not a criticism, just an observation.

If BD goes on to finish unbeaten this year, this will be the third time that BD took home Silver 2008,2011,2013, and came back the next year went undefeated crushing the field. Don't poke the hornets nest.

OC has some work to do convincing the judges considering where they're seeded, but it is all within the realm of possibility for them to finish 15th. Even 16th would be a great accomplishment in this field. Academy's show is going over very well and Spirit isn't going down without a fight.

15-18 are up for grabs now. This happened only because OC beat both academy and spirit in Centerville.

BD B's score is also higher than OC and the world class corps below them at the moment, but I would expect that to change when they're head to head:

8-5-2014

1 Blue Devils B 82.650

2 Vanguard Cadets 81.650

8-4-2014

5 Oregon Crusaders 82.100

6 The Academy 81.700

7 Spirit of Atlanta 81.550

Congrats BD B.

Yes, the Open Class scores are interesting. I still think there will be a couple of points drop for all open class. But I am looking forward to seeing them in the mix. I suppose it's a possibility. But in July, I saw some open scores way out of line. We will see on Thursday.

This past week I went back and watched one of my all time favorite shows, Spartacus. The Blue Devils had won every single event they played all season long, but it was clear that as the season went on, Phantom Regiment was winning the hearts and minds of fans. Regiment went to Indy having never finished above third all season long, but obviously we know how that ended.

Obviously the similarities between the Blue Devils and The Bluecoats is striking.

Does anyone recall how far behind PR was going into Indy?

Major difference being that Bluecoats do not have a single caption nearly as strong as PR's percussion from 2008.

If BD goes on to finish unbeaten this year, this will be the third time that BD took home Silver 2008,2011,2013, and came back the next year went undefeated crushing the field. Don't poke the hornets nest.

They also went undefeated in '82 after finishing 2nd in '81.

Can anyone tell me if 3 open class corps has ever broken into the world class top twenty?

Well, if you mean the current definition of Open Class, which was established in 2008, I don't think three have.

2011 had BDB & Teal Sound, right?