Cadets or Bluecoats

Cadets or Bluecoats?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bluecoats have a show that could potentially beat Cadets for the Silver Medal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. On finals night, WILL the Bluecoats pass The Cadets?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious your thoughts for the poll.

How about now?

The Bluecoats have a great show that will be remembered for a long time.

That having been said, The Cadets never give up and they do not drop on championship weekend. If they are in second now, they will be in second on finals night, IMHO

Bluecoats beat Cadets on Finals Night in '06. The bus ride back to Reedsburg, WI was nuts. It's definitely in the realm of possibility as the Bluecoats have been closing the gap all season. Stranger things have happened.

I don't think the Cadets have peaked....still quite a bit to clean and refine. I think the show design choices will limit their ability to get inside of a point of BD, but they have a legit shot at a strong silver, scoring somewhere near 97.5.

Edited by brichtimp

I think tonight's show in Massillon will be a killer one for Bloo and it could happen here that Bloo edges Cadets, but in Indy, I would say 60/40 percent in favor of Cadets for silver. In the end think the battle for Bloo will be bronze with very close scores to Crown and SCV with the possibility of the three finding themselves in different spots each night.

• Like 1

Maybe Bloo beats Cadets at a show but I think Cadets have strong captions across the board (brass, perc, guard), march like robots and have an equally strong show so I think the odds are for The Cadets but anything is possible.,

Not that history means much...

Cadets came close to dropping last year at Finals, and DID drop in 2006 (heh, to Bluecoats, was that Capture & Escape? I can't remember...), and sort-of in 2000. I think they also finally fell behind BD finals week in 2002, and behind Cavies finals week 1999, and behind Regiment final week 1996.

Otherwise, they have a strong history of holding fast going into this week -- in some cases coming very close to rising a spot (2009, 2007 semis, 2003), and in some cases actually making it happen (I think 1986, 1992, 1995, 2001).

Who knows. Has anybody looked to see when the last time 2 corps were undefeated 1st and "undefeated" 2nd?

I'm gonna add to the jinxing of the Cadets by saying that BLOO has no chance of silver. Yeah, no chance at all. ;)

• Like 3