Cadets or Bluecoats

Cadets or Bluecoats?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bluecoats have a show that could potentially beat Cadets for the Silver Medal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. On finals night, WILL the Bluecoats pass The Cadets?

• Yes
    • No

As Americans, we are compelled to cheer for our country because we are proud to be Americans. But, there's a difference between asking an audience to stand up and cheer vs an audience standing up and cheering of their own volition.

Cadets' show finale asks you to stand.

Bluecoats show does not ask you to stand but you just can't help it because the show is THAT GOOD.

I must have missed the part where the Cadets ask you to stand. Could you please point it out to this apparently very blind person?

Though rare, Cadets have been known to choke. In 2012, Cadets topped Phantom all year until finals and the Indy performances were somewhat flat, and Toy Soldier somewhat tanked in 2010. That being said, my expectation for tonight is a solid 2nd for Cadets, and a solid 3rd for Bloo. SCV or Crown could trade places, and perhaps one could bronze though I see that as only a possibility.

I don't think the Cadets necessarily choked in 2012 but rather had significant design issues, were weaker in guard and that left them vulnerable to a very strong Phantom that year. Last year, The Cadets were getting chased by SCV at the end and again, design issues and a very weak guard left them vulnerable but luckily their percussion win allowed them to medal a mere 0.1 above SCV. This year, Cadets are stronger in captions across the board but are vulnerable in GE depending on the panel so it will be close once again. It will come down to opinions.

For those of you following judging this year...It all comes down to Nola Jones tonight...

Cadets HAVE "choked" before at the end (2006, though Coats I think had beaten them before anyway; 2002; 1999; 1996), but 2012 isn't an example. Phantom Regiment passed them (I think for good) by Houston.

Cadets have also risen above at the last minute, too -- 2011 (well, almost last minute), 2001, 1995, 1992...

In any case, past performance are not indicators of future results.

Cadets and Bluecoats perform very well. Cadets have more depth/responsibilities and march better but Bluecoats have "the show" this year and will pop GE scores tonight I believe. Cadets will need to pop some great visual numbers (where they've been leading) and will need to get percussion up. GE is opinion caption and depends on panel but Bloo has great audience responses and momentum going into tonight. Im not sure if the panel tonight leans more towards one corps or the other and past number assignments really have no bearing on the present. We've seen judges flip all season.

Edited by theCHEZman

For those of you following judging this year...It all comes down to Nola Jones tonight...

She has been 0 for 6 (or 7, I lost count) with Bluecoats over Cadets this year.

The other 3 GE judges should offset that, unless she gets crazy again and puts a half point or more spread between the two.

I must have missed the part where the Cadets ask you to stand. Could you please point it out to this apparently very blind person?

The part where they line up like action heroes, one saluting the next with hands on hips the next with chest out. The show is red, white and blue and is unapologetic about it. I love this type of show, and I love it when The Cadets do it. They do ask you to stand up, it is designed into the show.

As for the OP, I like a mix ups in Finals and would love to see any corps have a show that is on fire...one for the ages so to speak. If it is Crossmen passing Madison for 11th, or BC passing YEA for 2nd, I'm up for it.

The part where they line up like action heroes, one saluting the next with hands on hips the next with chest out. The show is red, white and blue and is unapologetic about it. I love this type of show, and I love it when The Cadets do it. They do ask you to stand up, it is designed into the show.

As for the OP, I like a mix ups in Finals and would love to see any corps have a show that is on fire...one for the ages so to speak. If it is Crossmen passing Madison for 11th, or BC passing YEA for 2nd, I'm up for it.

Uh no. They are not asking you to stand up. They are asking you to stand up just as much as the Bluecoats are asking you stand up at the end with their pitch bend and power chord.

Bummed that I couldn't see over the Cadets' stage at the Vandy show.