Cadets or Bluecoats

Cadets or Bluecoats?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bluecoats have a show that could potentially beat Cadets for the Silver Medal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. On finals night, WILL the Bluecoats pass The Cadets?

• Yes
    • No

When all the shows perform head to head for three consecutive days I see the fans and judging community viewing the Bluecoats with more momentum and the Cadets show growing a bit "stale." No offense to the Cadets performance level but certain types of shows have a way off catching fire during finals week. Bluecoats and to some extent Crown have that intangible this year...the Cadets simply do not. SCV always seems to have the potential but I the teams in front are just too strong this year, plus the nostalgia for 2004 is holding them back.

If I were Crown, I would say screw the refining, cleaning, and clarifying at this point and just let it rip. There show is "out of this world" so unleash the hounds and go crazy. Bluecoats can grab that silver with squeezing a bit more GE out and getting that "it" factor this year.

Cadets, short of raising the Gipper from the grave or somehow getting the actual Liberty Bell ringing at the end of their show...I feel they have peaked.

Blue Devils...it ain't over till the fat lady sings but it certainly looks like she is starting to inhale! Bring it home BD!

• Like 1

Judges need to create upsets and drama to keep DCI going--I predict Bluecoats in the finals--not before.

Upsets and drama you say? Cadets and Bloo tie for second, and Crown/SCV tie for third!

^ Now that would be nice to see.

I know that in the event of a tie for first, GE score determines the tiebreaker, but what about ties for other places?

I would like to see ties.

Don't believe Cadets have peaked.

^ Now that would be nice to see.

I know that in the event of a tie for first, GE score determines the tiebreaker, but what about ties for other places?

I would like to see ties.

I think that outside of first, ties are OK. No tiebreaker.

IMO the idea of a tiebreaker is silly, even for first.

• Like 1

But, the Bluecoats probably beat The Cadets 6 or 7 times during the season in 2006. Denton, San Antonio, Atlanta, Massillion, Bensalem just to name a few places. I was with the Cadets when it happened.

BD was undefeated all season long in '08 until Finals Night; and you can pretty much see the same trend with Madison catching SCV at semis in '88. Just because the Bluecoats haven't beaten the Cadets yet this year doesn't mean they won't.

• Like 1

Going by last night's scores, doesn't it seem more likely Crown is going to catch Bluecoats? All this Cadets/Bluecoats talk is confusing me... Is it because I don't have a dog in this race?

They have the rep/content to do it.

BD was undefeated all season long in '08 until Finals Night; and you can pretty much see the same trend with Madison catching SCV at semis in '88. Just because the Bluecoats haven't beaten the Cadets yet this year doesn't mean they won't.

I didn't say that. The person I quoted simply failed to mention Bloo had beaten Cadets during the 2006 season.