What is your favorite show of the season?

What would be more interesting is the age breakdown of these answers...I bet BLOO dominates the younger bracket. I think much of the discrepancy in judging this year is related to this.

What would be more interesting is the age breakdown of these answers...I bet BLOO dominates the younger bracket. I think much of the discrepancy in judging this year is related to this.

I'm 18. Bluecoats is my number 4 this year. Age has something to do with it for sure in terms of fan favorite but idk about judging. I've been theorizing with that a little bit actually (GE judge experience vs score given to the Coats) but I haven't found anything that could lead to a conclusion.

Hmmm...Blooo has my favorite ending. Cadets show is just so wonderful all the way through, and this is my favorite BD show in years. BD's attention to detail in both design and performance places them on a different plane of existence to me.

It is hard to pick one corps show as a 'favorite'...I wish I saw BK live, as from seeing them on video I think they might have been my favorite.

I wonder how many people love Bluecoats show because of the last 30 seconds of it. Would Bluecoats still be the fan favorite if that 30 seconds didn't include that sound bend?

Just curious since I personally think the opener is good (not great though), the ballad is GREAT, and the closer up until the last minute or so just doesn't do much for me but that last minute is the best possible ending for this show they could have designed!

BD may go down as my favorite show this year just because the entire show is great! Crown and Bluecoats both have some moments that could be better but overall, both shows are right up there with BD for me in terms of sheer entertainment.

It took 6 years BD but I finally love one of your shows again!

• Like 1

It's hard to say this with the best Bluecoats show I have seen yet out, but Blue Devils have one of the best shows I have ever seen on the field this year. With no weak spots like 2010 (percussion) or 2009 (hornline still on Dynasties).

Just in from the Pittsburgh (Baldwin) show. Someone mentioned that they teared up during BK's show. Well,I teared up a bit tonight during their show. I haven't exactly liked BK's shows through the years for the most part but this show blew me away. I would love to see this show 50 more times but I'll never see it again. Live anyway. I haven't seen enough corps to list a favorite but I just had to toss this in. "Love lasts forever, like an ocean of air."...wow.

• Like 1

Bluecoats. They are the only one of the top 6 I have seen live.

I don't know if they'll win, but they have a championship show. Great music, great drums, spectacular show design, originality, fantastic brass show.

And they've got the crowd behind them. This year, that counts.

Edited by wvu80

My personal Top 6

1. Bluecoats, hands down. The music, the concept, the performance levels, the ending. It's a complete blast.

2. Blue Knights. Best BK ever, an elegant and extremely moving design

3. Crown. I agree on the design problems, but all the parts where the brass plays are just fine in my book

4. BD. My favorite music and visual books from them in quite a long time.

5. Crossmen. Nicely musical, more compelling visually, and very entertaining. I'm glad to see them as a more solid finalist this year.

6. SCV. OK, it's a retread and somewhat uninspired musically, but visually it's really awesome. If I could pick one drill that I wish I'd see clean...

My favorite show is BD. The level of sophistication is mind-blowing. At first, a movie score bravado almost mocks the broken puppet character, a metaphor for Fellini himself. Then the dreamlike absurdity of the circus captures Fellini's struggle for clarity, legitimacy and recognition in the film world. At the end, the same film score bravado which mocked him earlier ends up paying tribute to him. So complete. So layered. So brilliantly designed.

• Like 1