2014 Blue Devils DCI Finals Score Prediction Thread

I think they'll tie their 2009 score (99.05), but isn't the fact they've been either Champion or Silver Medalist every year since 2007 a bit of a "broken record"? :cool:

BTW....some trivia: Since 2007 BD has lost the gold 3 times by a collective margin of only .825 and have won 4 times by a collective margin of 4.725. By any standard of any activity....a pretty good run.

That .025 gnaws at me :) Something about the two percussion scores on finals night in 2008....

I think they'll tie their 2009 score (99.05), but isn't the fact they've been either Champion or Silver Medalist every year since 2007 a bit of a "broken record"? :cool:

BTW....some trivia: Since 2007 BD has lost the gold 3 times by a collective margin of only .825 and have won 4 times by a collective margin of 4.725. By any standard of any activity....a pretty good run.

Cavaliers finished 1st or 2nd seven straight years 2000-2006, a DCI record.

Last year BD tied the record (2007-2013). This year they break it. Eight straight seasons at #1 or #2.

And people forget they were less than a point out of 1st in 2006. 2005 is the only season in the past FOURTEEN YEARS (2001-2014) where BD was not arguably one of the Top 2 corps. Just amazing.

• Like 3

If the judges reward this show with a high score, I don't know....high GE? For WHAT?? Some guy dragging himself down a "catwalk" like quasimoto?!? Having "lights" on the field?? Having scatter drill and no point to it? I just don't get it.....I've seen em twice and neither time did they impress me. The only thing I liked were the soprano..er, 'trumpets' at the beginning, that's about it. I could go get a hotdog after that. I just don't get it....

If the judges reward this show with a high score, I don't know....high GE? For WHAT?? Some guy dragging himself down a "catwalk" like quasimoto?!? Having "lights" on the field?? Having scatter drill and no point to it? I just don't get it.....I've seen em twice and neither time did they impress me. The only thing I liked were the soprano..er, 'trumpets' at the beginning, that's about it. I could go get a hotdog after that. I just don't get it....

I'm not going to pretend to understand how GE scoring works because I don't think anyone on this forum does. But, if you look at their product on the field, it is impeccably clean, cohesive, and flowing. They have the overall package and are probably being rewarded because of it.

On a side note, all the stuff you're complaining about is actually part of elements of Fellini's films I'm pretty sure.

Clearly.

• Like 1

They'll break the record, and deservedly so. Though, much like previous record breakers before them (Cadets and Cavies), they'll have to send out a few thank-you cards to the corps behind them for bringing their A-game as well.

Years ago, I'd probably be bummed that BD had the highest score of all time, but let's be honest. The corps is the standard bearer of performance excellence and the most competitively consistent group in the activity. They should hold this title.

I'm not going to pretend to understand how GE scoring works because I don't think anyone on this forum does. But, if you look at their product on the field, it is impeccably clean, cohesive, and flowing. They have the overall package and are probably being rewarded because of it.

On a side note, all the stuff you're complaining about is actually part of elements of Fellini's films I'm pretty sure.

there's actually pleanty here who do uinderstand how GE works and have explained it over and over . The problem just like GE people don't want to buy it so even when explained whether someone buys it or not also becomes subjective...or stubborn...lol

• Like 1

there's actually pleanty here who do uinderstand how GE works and have explained it over and over . The problem just like GE people don't want to buy it so even when explained whether someone buys it or not also becomes subjective...or stubborn...lol

Wait really? I must have passed over it. It would be nice if someone stickied a topic that explained what is covered in each judging caption and how that caption is judged.