Where the address is not unknown. It's 500 E. Franklin Ave.

That's right: there are two shows in Ohio tonight. Much attention has gone to the Tour of Champions show featuring seven corps in Massillon (which is where I'll be), but three hours to the southwest is a ten others are competing at the 35th annual installment of Soaring Sounds in Centerville, which is a suburb of Dayton. (However, there are even more corps, fifteen to be exact, competing in Indiana tonight, at the Open Class Prelims.) Here is the Soaring Sounds lineup:

--Cincinnati Tradition (all age)

--Academy

--Jersey Surf

--Pacific Crest

--Oregon Crusaders

--Colts

--Spirit of Atlanta

--Blue Stars

--Blue Knights

--Cavaliers

Show website.

According to the website, the first Soaring Sounds was in 1980, but CorpsReps doesn't list a "Soaring Sounds" or Centerville show that year. However, there is a Dayton show listed for July 13, 1980, and I'm guessing that's the one. It resulted in a tie between Crossmen and Spirit of Atlanta, followed by Cadets and Boston Crusaders.

I'll kick off discussion with a question that occurred to me as I watched Colts' show last night in Pittsburgh: when the Scarecrow does find Dorothy, how is she going to react to the news that he murdered the Tin Man and Cowardly Lion? Or is he just not going to tell her?

• Like 1

Nice spot in the order, OC.

Dorothy will, at first, be horrified and repelled by what he's done. But the Scarecrow, with his new-found regret, sorrow and sincerity - with the added advantage of having a glib tongue, will eventually convince her to forgive him.

But it won't help in the end, because Dorothy hates hay. It makes her itch.

Edited by Gloryah

I'll kick off discussion with a question that occurred to me as I watched Colts' show last night in Pittsburgh: when the Scarecrow does find Dorothy, how is she going to react to the news that he murdered the Tin Man and Cowardly Lion? Or is he just not going to tell her?

He reverts back to the simple, non-brain, scarecrow as he skips off to find Dorothy. I figured then he either considers the brainy, Gordon Gecko, scarecrow to be dead, or doesn't have the brain to recognize that that version of him even existed (no brain, no memory). Either way, Dorothy never finds out.

Considering one of the themes of the Dark Side of the Moon is a descent into mental illness, maybe the Scarecrow never actually did kill the Lion and Tin Man...

BK has much better time slot after two horrendous spots the last two shows..

I say it goes like this

1) Cavies 93.3

2) BK 91.25

3) Blue Stars 87.8

4) Colts 81.75

5) Spirit 80.8

6) Oregon Crusaders 80.4

7) Academy 79.2

8) Pac Crest 78.75

9) Jersey Surf 76.2

I think it will be

1) Cavies 92.25