No more chopped arrangements - please!

Back from Allentown.

- Troopers got 2 standing O's because they played most or all of America the Beautiful.

- Why doesn't Crown play all, or at least the best part (chorus) of Major Tom?

- Crossmen plays bits and pieces of Caravan and when they finally get to the jam, it's not as special b/c we didn't go through the build up to it.

- Cadets show is only suitable if you have ADD.

• Like 5

You left out Madison's show. Some great music there but every time you start to get the swing, CHANGE PLACES! And a new one starts.

• Like 2

Oh my god I'm so glad someone feel the same way. I'm do tired of these "Stars on 45s" arrangements. Madison is the worst offender this year.

• Like 3

Just from my own perspective... I am actually finding more corps doing a bit more on the "extended melody" front this season... and I like the trend!!!

I am enjoying far more shows than I am not enjoying on the DCI side this season. And, as a fan, that's a good thing.

• Like 1

Just from my own perspective... I am actually finding more corps doing a bit more on the "extended melody" front this season... and I like the trend!!!

Agreed. Some of the corps who've been the worst choppers and boppers in the recent past seem to have embraced the essentials of sound musical construction (Blue Devils and Cavaliers being two who come to mind).

Agreed. Some of the corps who've been the worst choppers and boppers in the recent past seem to have embraced the essentials of sound musical construction (Blue Devils and Cavaliers being two who come to mind).

And not Phantom? I thought their arrangements of the Tchaikovsky music was pretty good..and I believe it's all from one source...Swan Lake....right?