Ford makes Fusion

... and Charles Kimmer, Director of named original WGI powerhouse, the Skylarks, after his trusty Buick that he used to drive them to shows in ...

... and lets not forget the Interstatesmen, all these fine corps and cars used to travel on ...

:-)

If we are talking old corps....the OLC Ramblers.

Oh yeah.. just thought of it.... the German Opel Kadett... or Americanized.. Cadet :wow:

Had a friend who owned a used one. After he bought it he knew why it was so cheap...... color was even chicken #### green in his opinion..

And Andy from corpsreps - Flint, MI Buick Skylarks

As the name might imply, the Skylarks had links to Michigan's automobile industry. In 1964 they traveled to competitions in a caravan of 12 new Buick Skylarks, courtesy of their sponsors.

The corps was established in 1935 with 45 founding members who were mostly WWI veterans. They practiced at the Old American Legion Hall on Kearsley Street and rehearsed outside at Central High School's field. It was active until it folded in 1966.

[DCW, 1/03, p.3; history.com entry on Flint MI]

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Testarossa Cadets from Rome, NY?

(My memory is not real clear anymore, but some vehicle was named Cadet) :bigsmile:

. . . . . . Just looked it up, Vauxhall Cadet.

Edited by Fred Windish

I owned a 53 SUNLINER, always laughed about the merger of the two corps

I had remembered a Caballero out there.. Had to search. GMC had an El Camino called the Caballero back in the 80s. Ironic. I had a neighbor with a similar car with the carpeted dashboard and zebra skin seats with a mural of a Mexican gun fighter on the tailgate.

141585_10720016_1985_GMC_Caballero.jpg

Edited by lovindrumcorps