2014 World Championship Prelims + Big, Live & Loud!

I see the Bluecoats show as a 12 minute mind trip -- either through dreams, drugs, or imagination (its up to the viewer to decide).

There was a short-lived theme park in Myrtle Beach called Hard Rock Park, that had a ride based on the Moody Blues' "Nights in White Satin." Its the DCI version of that ride, IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0gzmUsDM9I

Edited by Precious Roy

Brutus= Popeye's nemesis..... He's just angry he couldn't get with Olive Oil, so he's taking to hating on drum corps instead

• Like 1

OK, I give up on the grounds that I can't win; and you make some sense. But I am still not totally convinced, but it doesn't really matter does it.

I'd rather get the box criteria correct for each group, then rank them. That seems to be more useful information than who is best during the season,

I mean, I would think it would be more important for the groups to know where they are in relation to the sheets, THEN worry about their competitors. Rate then rank.

If there are ties ( which apparently are a no-no), then there's something wrong with the scoring system.

Of course that seems to be ### backwards considering what I've been reading on here from people who apparently do this for a semi-living. It just seems counter intuitive to me.

I'll try to speak your language.

When the guy jumps, what's it mean? What does it feel like to you? How does it fit?

It probably means something along the lines of "I'm going to run up this ####### tilted ramp and jump, which will in turn reinforce our show theme, which happens to be tilt."

Incidentally, I didn't think your critique was over the top, but I'm apparently in the minority here.

Glad the season is almost over. Wonder what people will do since they will not be able to talk drum corps, then slip in their personal attacks on a daily basis and have to take their political attacks on strangers back to Fox forums or where ever people like them go. Sad to see this past season bring out the worst in people including myself. Got tired of the daily complaints about ( Just pick a corps makes no difference anyway). and go on and on about how much they do not like the show and continue to spout their pinko political remarks when this place is no place for it. Will seriously consider not visiting here as often if ever. Thanks to those who made me feel welcome and screw the ones that went out of their way to be hurtful for no reason other than that is what they do..that is what they do when you do not agree with their opinions.. :satisfied::soapbox::angel1::doh:

Edited by jonwoody
  • Like 2

you completely misunderstood their post

Then enlighten me George. You and I go back to the founding days of DCP (thank you, by the way). But what did I miss?

Was the tirade about his disdain for Fox News and Republicans and war mongering not what he intended to say about why he was instead choosing to accept Cadets show because it did not include those elements? His keyboard merely typed it I guess.... maybe I can give him the benefit of the doubt that someone else punched it into his translator.

Then remind the reviewer too! Thanks!

Question, Geoff -- and with all due respect.

Several posts following jonwoody's post #795 were removed -- apparently for being "political" in nature, I assume. Yet, the entire "DCI and Homophobia" thread is there to be seen. Granted, it has been locked. However, there are pages and pages of debate on that thread which is little more than totally political in nature. My question is this: why hasn't that entire thread been removed?

Again, just asking.

Question, Geoff -- and with all due respect.

Several posts following jonwoody's post #795 were removed -- apparently for being "political" in nature, I assume. Yet, the entire "DCI and Homophobia" thread is there to be seen. Granted, it has been locked. However, there are pages and pages of debate on that thread which is little more than totally political in nature. My question is this: why hasn't that entire thread been removed?

Again, just asking.

The bigger problem was the changing of names on quotes, attributing them to me....which was total BS. I don't do political on here and I know the rules!