2014 World Championships Semi Finals

Holy crap. I just got so excited. I have said all season that Bloo will pass Cadets at some point and I really think it can happen tomorrow. LETS GO BLOOOOO!

Well if they're gonna do it tomorrow is when I'd want them to. LOL. I could care less if it had happened in the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Looks like DCI decided to keep it exciting. Battle between Crown and SCV and Bloo and Cadets.

I smell a 99.25 tomorrow.

That's the exact number I called about 2 weeks ago.

I think Cadets and Bloo were about 0.2 apart in Allentown.

Do you have a local compressor in your chain? What sound card is pushing those Genelecs?

No, it's a "straight wire with gain" (through a Mackie Big Knob) from a Benchmark DAC1 to the speakers. Computer interface is a MOTU 2048 with SPDIF out to the Benchmark. Clean enough to know what's happening on a webcast.

What I can tell you is that there's no compressor from the audio engineering station. Whether there was something in the chain after that, I'll ask them, but the only thing that it could be is if the audio is getting routed to the streaming module from the stadium press box... this happened in 2011, and there was a compressor put on without anyone being told... maybe it's a situation like that. I will ask.

Ah-HA! Sounds like that might be the likely culprit. Unfortunately for me, tonight was it ... not watching the finals broadcast :(.

See you all tomorrow night.