What did CROSSMEN get a 1 pt penalty for in Semi finals?

What did CROSSMEN get a 1 pt penalty for in Semi finals?

Anyone know?

Man I'm old, I saw 1 point penalty and immediately thought Honor Guard violation. Like someone was in front of the American Flag during the show.

Seriously, what would justify a full point today? Lately can only think of someone playing a solo outside of the correct boundary. Like on the podium IIRC...

• Like 1

Man I'm old, I saw 1 point penalty and immediately thought Honor Guard violation. Like someone was in front of the American Flag during the show.

Seriously, what would justify a full point today? Lately can only think of someone playing a solo outside of the correct boundary. Like on the podium IIRC...

DCI has a designated warm up zone for finals if you warm up on site. it is policed, and violators are given one warning. Apparently Crossmen didn't heed that warning.

Crossmen are the honey-badgers of DCI.

• Like 4

So if this was the reason, where was the corps at? Hazy memories of hearing corps playing outside the stadium while another corps was on the field.... Think that would have been a 1 pointer but... nothing given....

You can take the corps out of West Chester but...... :tounge2:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Oh, no!!! PLEASE don't tell me we have yet another new variation on a theme to add....

All penalties are equal.

Some are more equal than others.

Swear to the Good Lord...the whole "All __________s are more equal. Some are more equal than others." thing will be the enduring legacy of DCI 2014 season posts on DCP. Running a close second will be "That's what _________ said. That's what ____________ said."

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 3

Am I doing the math right that they came within a whisker of that penalty tossing them out of Finals?

On the surface, it appears so, drumcat.

• Like 1

Being reported (or maybe I should say "rumored") that the infraction stemmed from Crossmen quads warming up outside the designated area -- apparently even AFTER receiving one verbal warning.

I am NOT...repeat, NOT...stating this as fact, nor am pointing a finger. I'm merely stating what is being reported...nothing more.