What did CROSSMEN get a 1 pt penalty for in Semi finals?

Good luck tonight and close that 1.2 gap with Madison!!!!

Also, I hope that with the number of rookies they have leads to a high retention rate for next year? I also feel that this corps with the current staff intact for next year can become a real sleeping giant from the Lone Star State.

• Like 1

No, Madison still scored higher

Got it - I looked at the DCP rankings page which has the X-men within a point of the Scouts. I should have checked the DCI page.

Edited by SFZFAN

Can you imagine losing like the Bridgemen in 1981. From Bridgemen's history page:

"In finals, the corps did a lackluster performance losing to Phantom Regiment by .005. The corps had a .1 penalty due to a shoe coming off a member."

eta: not for the championship, but for their overall placement

Edited by CLD

From the "2014 Predictions" thread:

Crossmen

The Crossmen will be forced to forfeit after several of their members are caught trying to sell ostensibly expensive speakers out of the back of their Caravan.

I wonder if this is what happened to the Crossmen, except that they got a 1 point penalty instead of forfeiting?

(DISCLAIMER: This is a joke. I did not mean to offend the Crossmen organization or any of the members of this corps in any way. Their show this year is awesome.)

Can feel for the person who lost the shoe and hit with ye olde dropped equipment penalty. We had a parade a few days before Prelims and had to drop our plumes in a box when it looked like rain. Afterwards grabbed a plume and never checked if this one fit tight in the shako. End of first number of Prelims we bent over quick and guess what went flying out of the shako *groan*. Didn't cost us any placing but the BoD member who handled me the plume back as we marched off the field was PO'ed...... No more than I was....

Honestly, why all the mystery from DCI?

If penalties and the reasons for them aren't publicized, how can others prevent themselves from repeating?

Makes no sense.

Even more, it would help fans (ya know the people who pay to get in) understand this rule that takes place outside of where there seems to be no rules on the field.

Even more, it would help fans (ya know the people who pay to get in) understand this rule that takes place outside of where there seems to be no rules on the field.

on DCIs website in the Recap Roundup, it clearly states that the Crossmen were assessed a penalty for a warm-up area violation. Not real sure why we are accusing DCI of not telling us things. Do you guys like, want to know the kids' names, ages, and religions or what?

Makes me wonder what would happen if someone in a corps uniform ( that they sewed on their own ) but NOT a member of the corps stroll around playing in a quiet zone ? How long would it takw to sort out that it's not a member that got the penalty ? ( just my evil mind at work )

It must have been a pretty blatant violation of the warm-up area rules to warrant a penalty that almost kept them out of finals. I don't recall seeing this penalty pop up at a domed stadium where sound bleed is not an issue for the audience.

Edited by bluesman