This is it! DCI Finals 2014

Usually if Bones makes Finals and Spirit doesn't, they will make a delta on the field at Retreat. If the other way, Spirit will make a Maltese cross. A great connection between these two Corps.

Yes, dating back to the infamous 1979 tour of California. I had some great conversations with Crossmen members at DCI Midwest that year telling of Spirit rescuing them while both corps were out west.

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 1

you do understand that a perfect score in any caption doesnt mean perfect dont ya. It only means they ran out of numbers which are driven by the corps below them

It doesn't necessarily mean that either. Some judges give out perfect scores as an acknowledgment that the corp executed or performed that caption as well as it could ever be done.

I can't believe no one has started this thread yet!

DCI World Championship Finals

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN

Saturday, Aug. 9, 2014

5:28 PM U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps

5:55 PM Director of the Year Recognition

6:05 PM INpact Indiana's Future Band

6:20 PM Open Class Champion Exhibition - Blue Devils B

6:37 PM Sponsor Recognition

6:50 PM Crossmen

7:07 PM Madison Scouts

7:24 PM Boston Crusaders

7:41 PM Blue Stars

7:58 PM Phantom Regiment

8:15 PM Blue Knights

8:32 PM - Intermission (17 Min.)

8:49 PM The Cavaliers

9:06 PM Carolina Crown

9:23 PM Santa Clara Vanguard

9:40 PM Bluecoats

9:57 PM The Cadets

10:14 PM Blue Devils

10:35 PM - Awards Ceremony

Place your final bets now!

Good luck tonight to all you are the best.

Can't wait for the show! What a great year!

I lost it at the voice over last night. I can't wait to see the VOD for this one. I can't express in words how much I love this show and its aggressiveness

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. SCV

5. Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston

11. Crossmen

12. Madison

It doesn't necessarily mean that either. Some judges give out perfect scores as an acknowledgment that the corp executed or performed that caption as well as it could ever be done.

No, that's not what it means. It means Corps X was Z tenths better than Corps Y, and that's it. Has nothing to do with "perfect" or "best ever" because no judge would ever make that false leap.

• Like 1

No, that's not what it means. It means Corps X was Z tenths better than Corps Y, and that's it. Has nothing to do with "perfect" or "best ever" because no judge would ever make that false leap.

OK.

Yes, dating back to the infamous 1979 tour of California. I had some great conversations with Crossmen members at DCI Midwest that year telling of Spirit rescuing them while both corps were out west.

As I recall the story, the Crossmen saved almost all the Spirit's instruments after an equipment truck accident and saved their season.

A spectacular season for sure. Top bunch were just sick.