2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

Here's my issue with this show. You've got an incredible group of performers on that field, but all of the focus is put on the presidential quotes and the narrator using a stage that is barely utilized while blocking a portion of the field. The crowd is getting yelled at multiple times with a history lesson so why would they have emotional investment in the show? No wonder they pull out a bunch of tarps and patriotic images at the end of the show. It's the only way to get people excited and, again, has NOTHING to do with the performance of the members on the field. Empire Statesmen used to do this all of the time and I hated it when I marched there.

Haha! A few of us were talking about that exact comparison yesterday. Kitchen sink, baby!

Four giant tarps on the field, a tarp of the Capitol building behind the back sideline, and the front of the stage becomes and American flag, not to mention the group of Cadets on the stage in full uniform saluting.

HA! I did. That's what I get for trying to type fast.

Phew!!

OK ... I turned my cheese tolerance dial up to 10 for The Cadets tonight, and ... I actually enjoyed the show quite a bit. They sound and look fantastic. I usually love The Cadets shows on odd years, so I'm very much looking forward to what they do next year.

• Like 1