2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

First off, Congrats to BD. You should have won, no doubt. 99.65? Don't think it should have been near that high but that's my opinion. Those of you saying how classy it was that BD congratulated Bluecoats? It was, but I can tell you from experience that had the shoe been on the other foot and BD lost it would not have happened.

Go back and watch retreat from last year.

• Like 3

First off, Congrats to BD. You should have won, no doubt. 99.65? Don't think it should have been near that high but that's my opinion. Those of you saying how classy it was that BD congratulated Bluecoats? It was, but I can tell you from experience that had the shoe been on the other foot and BD lost it would not have happened.

Wrong. They were also hugging and congratulating Crown last year at finals. Not going to look for it now, but there was a widely disseminated photo of the BD and Crown drum majors hugging it out.

And your experience was..............??

• Like 1

Perhaps relevant, maybe not. A few years ago, at the DCA Minicorps (yes, I know, different organizations, sue me) the Ghost Riders laid down an amazing show. Got something on the order of a 98. Then Star United came out and rocked the house... scored a 100. Yes, a "perfect" score. Many members of Ghost Riders said that the only reason that Star didn't score a 105 was because the numbers stop at 100. Was Star perfect? Nope. Were they that much better than an (amazing) Ghost Riders corps? Yep. It's relative, not perfection. I have not seen tonight's shows, but what I have seen (Allentown, prelims, and semis) leads me to believe that tonight's scores are legit.

(Edited to add a missing "n")

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 1

Park and Blow scores a perfect GE and Viz. Congrats DCI. Way to send a message. As to the real Viz corps like SCV and Crown, you guys keep doing what you're doing. And the real GE winner, BLOO, how they can ignore an entire stadium of DCI players and fans, well, let's just say we all saw the same thing. BD, congrats on a great show and an amazing hornline.

Lol, go cry some more, jesus.

OK.. Just to stir the pot a little....why WAS BD congratulating Bluecoats a classy move? Trying to figure this one out...... Is congratulating someone for beating someone (while that someone else is standing right there) a classy move? Why bot congratulate Cadets for taking the bronze?

And for the record, I think Bluecoats deserved the silver.