2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

I don't feel I'm being "whiny" at all. I have had experience with beating BD in the past, and they were negative all 3 years I marched. If that has changed with BD I would love to hear it and welcome it, but from my personal experience, and the attacks and names I was called in retreat block, that is what I remember so that is what I put with BD when they do not win. I have two titles and a silver, why should I feel the need to whine?

• Like 1

Give him at least some credit for pushing all that crap around :)

That stuff was HEAVY!

• Like 1

Congratulations Bluecoats--it was amazing to be a part of the crowd this year--great show and the crowd always loves when someone they love moves up on the last night--so suspenseful--loved all the corps this year as well

• Like 1

They performed the heck out of an uninspired and poorly designed show, that's for sure. That hornline's sound is to die for.

The lit up those Jupiters tonight. But next year people will still claim those horns sound bad. And they will still be wrong.

• Like 2

First off, Congrats to BD. You should have won, no doubt. 99.65? Don't think it should have been near that high but that's my opinion. Those of you saying how classy it was that BD congratulated Bluecoats? It was, but I can tell you from experience that had the shoe been on the other foot and BD lost it would not have happened.

Nope! Last year BD were the first members to come over to congratulate Crown. Very classy!!!

• Like 2

SO much truth to this! They could change the sheets tomorrow to reward all the things that folks around here seem to want to see and hear and the one thing of which I am 100% certain is that the Blue Devils would be the first corps to figure out to adapt to those new changes and make it work for them. They've proven it time and time again.

I agree 100%. I think some people believe that if there is a baby throwing/audience pleaser caption, than BD will sink to depths from which they will never recover. Sadly for those people that's not true. Cause one of the biggest complaints i hear about BD is they play to the sheets. So what do you think will happen if a baby throwing caption is added? BD's staff is going to acknowledge it, and then design a show that will max that caption out along with the rest of the captions. Not to mention your baby will end up on the 45 yard line of Lucas Oil Stadium.

• Like 1

Who said I'm bagging on BD? I freaking love BD. This is merely a critique on the ridiculousness that is DCI judging. After all, it's the judging that determines the future of DCI.

Dude, really? Your corps just beat a ten time champion, got their highest score and placement ever, and you have to bag on the corps that won? Come on now. Enjoy the fact that Blooo won the hearts of pretty much everyone this year and don't be upset. Bloo was never going to beat Blue this year, sorry. I am VERY happy that Bloo got Silver, but they had plenty of park (or hang on triangles) bits as well.

Enjoy the highs. Your corps was AWESOME this year. So were the Blue Devils.

I have had experience with beating BD in the past, and they were negative all 3 years I marched. If that has changed with BD I would love to hear it and welcome it, but from my personal experience, and the attacks and names I was called in retreat block, that is what I remember so that is what I put with BD when they do not win.

IF that has changed? What part of the picture I posted do you dispute? Or do you believe they just all walked over to Crown to call them names?

• Like 1

I don't feel I'm being "whiny" at all. I have had experience with beating BD in the past, and they were negative all 3 years I marched. If that has changed with BD I would love to hear it and welcome it, but from my personal experience, and the attacks and names I was called in retreat block, that is what I remember so that is what I put with BD when they do not win. I have two titles and a silver, why should I feel the need to whine?

Fair enough... but I know that even back in the day, your team (your direct team.. the pit) would talk all sorts of ####. "Wait Till Tomorrow" (1986) or, even better, at the Canton show in 88 when your boys played "Mary Had A Little Lamb" to our pit when they were setting up... only to have our kids rock out to Firebird (which they won I&E with that year).

It's all gamesmanship. You were a part of some awesome Cavies shows. Maybe Devs didn't show you love, but I have witnessed them being good sports (1996, 2013) more than not (1988)

Congrats to ALL the corps this year! I still don't understand the need for some of the #### slinging that is going on. What an amazing year. The Blue Devils, score record breaking or not, were INCREDIBLE! The Bluecoats were an amazing fan favorite with a HUGELY loved show. The Cadets were fantastic and clean. Santa Clara was beautiful, Crown flaws aside was amazing and got a fantastic crowd reaction, The Cavaliers had one of THE moments of the year and an INCREDIBLY fun show, Phantom performed the HELL outta theirs, Blue Knights had one of the most emotional shows ever, Blue Stars had a really fun and accessible show and an AMAZING 4th place color guard, Boston had one of the ballsiest drum corps shows ever, Madison had the crowd on their feet as always, and the Crossmen are the cleanest 12th place corps I've ever seen. Scores, attitudes, grudges, and whatever other stupid #### aside, this was an AMAZING year for DCI, one of the most entertaining in a VERY long time, and those kids had the summers of their lives. I'm about DCP'd out. I'm all about competition and competitiveness, don't get me wrong, I'm not a TROPHIES for EVERYONE kinda guy, but seriously. Congratulations Blue Devils, Bluecoatrs, Cadets, Vanguard, Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Boston, Madison, Crossmen, Blue Devils B, and EVERYONE else on an amazing year that pushed this activity forward a HUGE step. I'm downright ecstatic about next year and hope I'm aging out in one of these amazing groups.

• Like 5