2015 Predictions

BD, Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, SCV all have "similar" talent in the MM's.

BD, Cadets, Crown have a staff that can clean a show to get it to medal fairly consistently.

BD has the design team that effortlessly can write programs that fulfill the current judging criteria and in some years, even please the fans.

BD is and has been since 2007, the corps to beat. Cadets and Crown have been the consistent challengers THEREFORE:

My top three PREDICTIONS for 2015 would be:

BD

Cadets

Crown.

The rest are just "less predictable".

Bloo had a great 2014 as Phantom had a great 2012 but I need to see 3 consecutive years in the top 3 or close to it to put them up there.

• Like 2

As a Cadets homer, I would like to see them take on music they NEVER played and rarely if ever played in drumcorps. I think they are better when they are dark, energetic and risky versus when they are lighter, cute or emotional. I do agree with their migration to slightly more controlled movement as those crazy drills of yesteryear are not rewarded but the less than stellar performance levels that sometimes come with it are noted by judges. Cadets, please be risk takers again.

As a Crown fan, I love that they are risk takers and I think they do energy better than anyone and after 2013, they do emotional very well also. My biggest concern is their visual with the exception of 2013 is still less effective than it should be considering the demand they have so some work here. Also uniforms just clash so much.

In 2012 they were like watching a vanilla milkshake all over the field and last year it was my blueberry yogurt all over. Perhaps different colors brass vs. percussion vs guard.

Cavaliers, just keep moving in that direction.

As a Cadets homer, I would like to see them take on music they NEVER played and rarely if ever played in drumcorps. I think they are better when they are dark, energetic and risky versus when they are lighter, cute or emotional. I do agree with their migration to slightly more controlled movement as those crazy drills of yesteryear are not rewarded but the less than stellar performance levels that sometimes come with it are noted by judges. Cadets, please be risk takers again.

As a Crown fan, I love that they are risk takers and I think they do energy better than anyone and after 2013, they do emotional very well also. My biggest concern is their visual with the exception of 2013 is still less effective than it should be considering the demand they have so some work here. Also uniforms just clash so much.

In 2012 they were like watching a vanilla milkshake all over the field and last year it was my blueberry yogurt all over. Perhaps different colors brass vs. percussion vs guard.

Cavaliers, just keep moving in that direction.

I've been wondering this for a while: Why did you change your name to theChezman when you are not Al Chez - and he's a member of this forum? Isn't that a bit uncomfortable?

• Like 3

1. Cadets.

2. Carolina Crown.

3. Blue Devils.

4. Cavaliers.

5. Bluecoats.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard.

7. Phantom Regiment.

8. Blue Stars.

9. Madison Scouts.

10. Boston Crusaders.

11. Blue Knights.

12. Troopers.

A brand new staff doesn't just pull a Top 6 show out of their back pocket after a single year. I see Madison moving up, but five spots? I think they'll be glad to break Top 8. Getting back to sitting at a comfortable 8th or 9th would be a pretty significant accomplishment this year for them, given the movement of the last few years. After the staff has had a chance to work together for a summer or two, then Madison can talk about breaking into the upper echelon. I just don't see them anywhere close to there yet.

You realize that the new much of the new staff has worked together in the past, most notably when Madison won their championship in 1988. It's not like they're building from scratch with people outside the organization.

This isn't a "typical" new staff that needs to learn about one another and how to work with eachother.

I'll still be going with a top 6 finish for Madison.

You realize that the new much of the new staff has worked together in the past, most notably when Madison won their championship in 1988. It's not like they're building from scratch with people outside the organization.

This isn't a "typical" new staff that needs to learn about one another and how to work with eachother.

I'll still be going with a top 6 finish for Madison.

I suppose I'm merely more skeptical than you are about the new bunch. A championship 25-ish years ago is nice, obviously, but I don't see who they can knock out of the Top 8, let alone the Top 6. The Scouts don't have the talent to compete with someone like Crown or Cavaliers, let alone the questions about whether the design staff will mesh.

Every off-season, when the Scouts make a major move or announcement, some fans get incredibly excited about their prospects; and, at least for the last few years, it always seems to end in disappointment. I look back to this year as a perfect example. Don't get me wrong, I love the Scouts, and it's good for the activity when they are placing well. I'm certainly hoping they do well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Phan_of_Drumming
  • Like 2

I disagree with the statement that they don't have the talent to compete with someone like Cavaliers. Did you hear the musical book they played this year? And, they didn't just play it, they played the h--- out of it!!! They had a top 4 or 5 musical book brass and percussion wise. Their talent bass is back up there.

I disagree with the statement that they don't have the talent to compete with someone like Cavaliers. Did you hear the musical book they played this year? And, they didn't just play it, they played the h--- out of it!!! They had a top 4 or 5 musical book brass and percussion wise. Their talent bass is back up there.

Personally, I would put everyone from the Top 6 this past year ahead of Scouts as far as the book went, but that's just my opinion.

I do worry, though, that an 11th place finish will hurt the Scouts as far as bringing in new talent. More of the reason why I think this year, for them, will be about halting the downward trend of the last few seasons. Again, I love the Scouts. I just don't think a few fresh faces on the design staff will be enough to jump them from the edge of Finals to beating out the incredibly talented pack in the Top 8 or Top 6 after one season. It's not that I'm not a fan; I'm just skeptical. There's still a lot to do.

Cadets' pattern of competitiveness has been even years are experimentation and odd years are go for the gold. Fear the Maroon and Gold next season.

Cadets

BD

Crown

SCV

BC

Cavies

PR

Madison

BC

BK

BS

Xmen