2015 Predictions

Not sure of order, but top 3 will include Bluecoats, Blue Devils and Vanguard. BDB will make top 12 world class, open class corps will continue to rise higher into the world class rankings, as they have for the past few years.

I must be missing something with BDB that others are seeing.

I've been listening to and watching the show since the preseason recordings came out on the BD app, and yea they're good, but it's not like they were light years ahead of SCVC.

Also, after seeing all corps on Thursday and most live and on Fan Network all season, I am still shocked that they were placed that high on Thursday and Friday, but also shocked that so many agree that they're that good.

Don't get me wrong, the kids are talented and the show design was impressive when they're called a B corps, but I wouldn't have had them higher than 18th, and I don't think they would make finals without huge improvements in the near future, if ever.

• Like 7

I must be missing something with BDB that others are seeing.

I wouldn't have had them higher than 18th,

Thats nice to know, but you were missing a judging badge more than anything else. But you're not alone. None of us here on DCP have a judging badge either. Over on the DCA side, nobody on DCP predicted the winner after watching all the shows at Finals there. DCP'ers on that DCA Finals thread had one particular Corps as a universally agreed lock to win after they watched all the performances.. But that Corps finished 3rd. What we see and what the judges see is oftentimes at odds. And in your particular case here, how you assessed BDB is not how the judges did.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Thats nice to know, but you were missing a judging badge more than anything else. But you're not alone. None of us here on DCP have a judging badge either. Over on the DCA side, nobody on DCP predicted the winner after watching all the shows at Finals there. DCP'ers on that DCA Finals thread had one particular Corps as a universally agreed lock to win after they watched all the performances.. But that Corps finished 3rd. What we see and what the judges see is oftentimes at odds. And in your particular case here, how you assessed BDB is not how the judges did.

I feel like you just unnecessarily spent a full post explaining something that's painfully obvious. I'm sure he realizes he is not seeing what the judges are seeing; hence why he said "I must be missing something with BDB that others are seeing."

• Like 3

I feel like you just unnecessarily spent a full post explaining something that's painfully obvious. I'm sure he realizes he is not seeing what the judges are seeing; hence why he said "I must be missing something with BDB that others are seeing."

His initial comment of " I'm must be seeing something that others here are not seeing " was of course ( your words ) " painfully obvious as well to all. " Curiously however, you took no " pains " to inform him of his " painfully obvious " intial comment about " seeing something others were not seeing"regarding BDB's outstanding and remarkable surge during Championships week. I took his comment regarding his not seeing BDB being worthy of their placement, and gave some substance to that, and took it to the judge realm. If you found that input observation inappropriate or valueless, you are entitled to that assessment too, of course.

Edited by BRASSO

His initial comment of " I'm must be seeing something that others here are not seeing " was of course ( your words ) " painfully obvious as well to all. " Curiously however, you took no " pains " to inform him of his " painfully obvious " intial comment about " seeing something others were not seeing"regarding BDB's outstanding and remarkable surge during Championships week. I took his comment regarding his not seeing BDB being worthy of their placement, and gave some substance to that, and took it to the judge realm. If you found that input observation inappropriate or valueless, you are entitled to that assessment too, of course.

Dude, get over yourself and your elitist ways.

I mean seriously, chime in and take time out of your life to try and call me out.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1

Just used the ignore option and feel like I just took the most pleasant bowel movement ever.

• Like 3

Dude, get over yourself and your elitist ways.

I mean seriously, chime in and take time out of your life to try and call me out.

I'm far from " an elitist ". By bestowing that undeserved status to me in your mind, you lessen yourself. Don't do this to yourself. Respond ( or don't ) to my remarks, and avoid the personal attacks. I did not engage in that with you here. But " ignore " is always an option for you too.

1. Bluecoats

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Blue Devils

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Phantom Regiment

12. Spirit Of Atlanta

13. Oregon Crusaders

14. Crossmen

15. Troopers

16. The Academy

17. Colts

18. Mandarins

19. Pacific Crest

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades

22. Pioneer

I like seeing OC 13th in this prediction. I don't know if they'll place that far up, but I highly suspect they will be out to vindicate themselves next year in a very big way. How this season ended was just, well, not supposed to happen. A character building season to be sure!

Edited by luv4corps