2015 Predictions

Not a prediction, but a wish (since I can't find the appropriate thread at the moment -- and really don't have to gumption to look. Sorry...just being honest... And yes, I'm well aware that I am not the first with this request. Let's just add it as yet another plaintive voice from the wilderness.)

I said it back in 2013, and it didn't come to fruition. But I'll say it again, since this year still qualifies as the 150th Anniversary of the cessation of the total event...(and yes, I know that the Battle was in 1863. But the war ended in 1865. Nothing like twisting statistics to fit your need...)

Troopers...please, please, PLEASE...Edelman's "Gettyburg"???? I just watched the film last night (twice, just to catch all the little things I've missed in the first 350 viewings. Even I, in my extreme fandom, can ascertain "S###...that sucker's long!!!), and there is a LOT there. "Numbers" relevant? Maybe not. But "Trooper" relevant? Heck, yes. (Here's a hint: take a page from the Bluecoats...tilt the frigging field. Voila!! Instant Little Round Top!!) And with the advent of microphones over the past few years, a rendition of "Dixie" on a well-played harmonica might go a long way in the effect category. Heck...might even give ol' George a "See??? Told ya' so!!" moment.

Please...please....with sugar on it????

(Oh...and by the way...if you're listening....I'll bet BAC has some spare baby powder left in some boxes somewhere. You might find it useful in a "Pickett's Charge" section. :>)) )

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Maybe it's their drill style but they always look dirty to me.

Marching a bunch of 1.25 and 1.5 step CURVILINEAR DRILL will do that. What non-sense, and he's singlehandedly holding the group back.

But hey, that's okay, because he's a likeable guy. Plus, the brass guys like him because of course groups blend better when there is no distance between the members.

1. Blue Devils- The staff really knows what they're doing.

2. Cadets- Always a contender for the championship, could do better without a narrator in my opinion.

3. Scv- After a few down years, they seem to be getting back on track

4. Bluecoats- It's gonna be a challenge to surpass the standard they set this past season.

5. Cavaliers- They're fixing some things that were lacking in years past, could be seeing medals soon.

6. Carolina Crown- Amazing corps, needs to have a different show approach.

7. Blue Knights- A corps that is really starting to be more so a challenge to the above corps.

8. Boston Crusaders- Great music selection, needs to fix drill.

9. Phantom Regiment- They're shows seem to be getting dull.

10. Madison Scouts- Always the crowd pleasers, but judges don't seem to like them.

11. Blue Stars- After the 50th anniversary show, it'll be hard to set a new standard.

12. Troopers- Judging by the past seasons, they're looking at permanent placement in future finals.

And with the advent of microphones over the past few years, a rendition of "Dixie" on a well-played harmonica might go a long way in the effect category.

I believe DCI might consider a harmonica a woodwind instrument since it uses reeds, actually. A crazy great idea nonetheless!

Hmmm,

1. Cadets (this show will be uber demanding and new music for them, great combo for Cadets).

2. Crown (stellar brass, improved percussion and better show design)

3. BD ( only vulnerable when ^^^ are on their game which I think both will be).

4. SCV (consistently knocking at top 3 but to get in they need something new and innovative).

5. Cavies (there is a slow but steady improvement there caption and design wise).

6. Bluecoats (always a powerhouse caption wise, but design can be hit or miss. My favorite show last year).

7. Boston ( always strong but I'm waiting for that great design that pushes them up).

8. Phantom (one of favorite all time corps but in need of a fresh energetic design. They've done enough emotion, I want PR power now)

9. BK ( was last year the beginning of a new trend for them?).

10. Blue Stars ( always solid and again, design is key).

11. Madison ( the design now needs to go to the next level. Again a corps known for sheer power, I would like to see a show built around power, movement, masculinity). No rehashes.

12. Crossmen ( need to continue on last years design direction but can't continue to come in and out of finals. Dig in and claim it).

Hmmm,

1. Cadets (this show will be uber demanding and new music for them, great combo for Cadets).

2. Crown (stellar brass, improved percussion and better show design)

3. BD ( only vulnerable when ^^^ are on their game which I think both will be).

4. SCV (consistently knocking at top 3 but to get in they need something new and innovative).

5. Cavies (there is a slow but steady improvement there caption and design wise).

6. Bluecoats (always a powerhouse caption wise, but design can be hit or miss. My favorite show last year).

7. Boston ( always strong but I'm waiting for that great design that pushes them up).

8. Phantom (one of favorite all time corps but in need of a fresh energetic design. They've done enough emotion, I want PR power now)

9. BK ( was last year the beginning of a new trend for them?).

10. Blue Stars ( always solid and again, design is key).

11. Madison ( the design now needs to go to the next level. Again a corps known for sheer power, I would like to see a show built around power, movement, masculinity). No rehashes.

12. Crossmen ( need to continue on last years design direction but can't continue to come in and out of finals. Dig in and claim it).

I'd argue that PR has been putting out shows that have been only power and no emotion. Their brass arrangements have lacked any sort of true emotion and instead they've been relying on their phenomenal low brass sound. Don't confuse the concepts of the shows with the actual arrangements being played.

I'd argue that PR has been putting out shows that have been only power and no emotion. Their brass arrangements have lacked any sort of true emotion and instead they've been relying on their phenomenal low brass sound. Don't confuse the concepts of the shows with the actual arrangements being played.

My point was R&J, Tarandot, we've seen this before from them. I would like to see the PR of sheer power back.

My point was R&J, Tarandot, we've seen this before from them. I would like to see the PR of sheer power back.

They have been sheer power...