2015 Predictions

I think it is two scenarios, one from 1992 ( a real one) and the other from this years "fantasy" of the above posts where Crossmen are predicted to beat Cavies, Boston and Madison.

Phantom wasn't 7th in 1992 though. I think he is remembering the gist (Phantom dropped, Crossmen moved up to 6th) and forgetting the less memorable detail that SCV still had to be announced in 7th before Crossmen knew they had gotten 6th.

Kind of like a lot of people 'remember' the 1980 US Hockey team winning the gold medal by beating The USSR when those two things actually happened separately. They still had to beat Finland.

Remembering only the most important stuff must cause our minds to reconstruct things so the stuff we do remember is sufficient on its own to explain the result.

I may have read that somewhere once, but now I can't remember.

• Like 2

Phantom wasn't 7th in 1992 though. I think he is remembering the gist (Phantom dropped, Crossmen moved up to 6th) and forgetting the less memorable detail that SCV still had to be announced in 7th before Crossmen knew they had gotten 6th.

Kind of like a lot of people 'remember' the 1980 US Hockey team winning the gold medal by beating The USSR when those two things actually happened separately. They still had to beat Finland.

Remembering only the most important stuff must cause our minds to reconstruct things so the stuff we do remember is sufficient on its own to explain the result.

I may have read that somewhere once, but now I can't remember.

Ahhh; kind of like selective imprecise memory.

• Like 1

Oh. Did I say Cavaliers? I meant Bluecoats.

Edited by xbones7480

• 4 weeks later...

I wish that Bluecoats would win, but given that Tilt was pretty amazing, I'd give them fifth place, under the Cadets, the Cavaliers, The Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard. I'm feeling Santa Clara this year, but not entirely sure.

Just based on history of the past few seasons, I would say BD, Cadets and Crown have the better chance of medaling. Obviously with so little info on everyone sans Cadets, these are the groups that tend to be most consistent.

I wish that Bluecoats would win, but given that Tilt was pretty amazing, I'd give them fifth place, under the Cadets, the Cavaliers, The Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard. I'm feeling Santa Clara this year, but not entirely sure.

I'd actually say about 4th, I don't see them doing as well as last year, because that would be extremely hard to do, but I see them having better consistency in the coming years.

Edited by spencerg98

I'm probably going to update my predictions every month (based on pieces and show announcements) until I submit a final one before the first competition of the 2015 season.

For February:

1. Carolina Crown

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. Bluecoats

5. Cavaliers

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. Oregon Crusaders (ooooooh)