2015 Predictions

Not sure Spirit can rebound that much. Can see one or two spots or staying the same.

Not sure Spirit can rebound that much. Can see one or two spots or staying the same.

What I'm hearing at the camps is great! I'm expecting some surprises -- think 2010 (16th) to 2011 (12th).

Edited by CrownBariDad

BDB cough cough

We hear this every year. Has yet to come to pass.

What I'm hearing at the camps is great! I'm expecting some surprises -- think 2010 (16th) to 2011 (12th).

The question is who will they pass up? Yes they do sound great at the camps and should be improved greatly from last year, but the groups around them are also quite strong. Troopers, Crossmen etc. Getting back into finals is possible, but certainly won't be easy.

We hear this every year. Has yet to come to pass.

BD has been dominant the past decade but we also saw a Cavies domination before that and then Cadets sometimes nudge themselves into things too. BD at the top won't last forever especially with GE being so subjective. Eventually judges will be inspired and reward something else.

BD at the top won't last forever especially with GE being so subjective.

I think I heard this around 1980 or there abouts... and was thinking of including this on another thread on here. But it does bring back memories on things heard long ago.

I think I heard this around 1980 or there abouts... and was thinking of including this on another thread on here. But it does bring back memories on things heard long ago.

You know what I mean. There was a Cavies dominance for a while, Star for a few years. Cadets...

To me dominating is winning more often than not, making these the eras I'd say:

2007 - Current: Blue Devils (5 Wins and 3 Silver Medals)

2000 - 2006: Cavaliers (5 Wins and 2 Silver Medals)

1994 - 1999: Blue Devils (4 Wins, 3 Bronze Medals)

1983 - 1987: The Cadets (4 Wins, 1 4th Place Finish)

1988 - 1993 You had a different champion every single year save 1993 (Madison, SCV, Cadets, Star, Cavaliers, and Cadets again). I guess though Star was consistently top 3 for 4 years.

Concerning BD, until they stop drawing the talent they have or have a major staff change, they'll be in the mix in some shape or form. GE aside, they are just too good at what they do. Pinning it on the judges "drinking the kool-aid" is ignoring that they are amazingly good, show design or not. It'd take every single corps in the top 6 from last year firing on all cylinders to knock them out of 2nd in my eyes. Who knows, the stars could align and that could happen (Certainly getting that vibe from Cadets already), but more often than not there's some faltering and weaknesses. You can't have weaknesses (well.....I guess Crowns percussion in 2013) for more than 1 corps to beat them. I mean, you can list their losses over the past 7 years on a pretty short list. We'll see.

Edited by DrumManTx